(Nearly) Got the Mrs A Dodge Nitro (I know I know)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some great comments chaps, its a bit tacky, a bit uncool and a bit gangsta but this is for a woman who LOVES her Caliber (!)

I am loath to spend ££ on her car as its used as a van ans she is the type that does not slow down for speed bumps (tells you everything) :doh:

However the Toureg used may be a good option I will go to Wirral VW this afternoon and explore the option.

These Nitros are common - they are all under 1 year Chrysler lease cars all in red or silver and the Chester dealer has sold about 5 and can get 6 more.

I was / am going down today Im expecting £2k fat in the caliber above its GFV and on a pcp abour £200 a month - the Chester dealer can retail the caliber where many other dealers couldnt and would bid low

Will update ...

If you put it that way, a no brainer, buy it. Still 2 years warranty, the driver likes it and you know worst case depreciation.

Bought and paid for, pick it up weds, the one we got has done 7000 at 11 months old.

For £15,500 with 12 months tax and needing bluetoth, space etc there wasnt much else to get

Bought and paid for, pick it up weds, the one we got has done 7000 at 11 months old.

For £15,500 with 12 months tax and needing bluetoth, space etc there wasnt much else to get

Sounds good:) Not the most exciting of cars, but you knew that:)

I bought a 6 month old Astra estate, with every extra (auto, satnav, leather, bluetooth, xenons,etc.). Again not exciting, but it does the job.

I'd been looking for a well equipped C class estate, but couldn't find one.*

*Has it got factory fit xenon lights?

Oh, yes.

Drive a long way to look at it, and the 'factory fit xenons' are halfords blue bulbs. Hah.

I think the nitro's look very funky indeed, i have a soft spot for the big chryslers..i have had to stop myself twice from buying the 300c, if i didn't care about depreciation i would be driving one now, good luck with the new purchase.

She picks it up saturday as we cant get down any sooner, to be honest im quite excited - never had a big 4x4 before and the stereo / nav looks very playable with.

^ for the money I think its a great car.

Lets face it most 30K cars over 3 years will lose 15K anyway.

After 3 years you could walk away from the car and be no worse off, fact is it WILL still be worth something making it cheap motoring with a warranty for 3 years.

Nitro arrived, its had a poor valet and will go back for a few bits but its mint, done 7300 miles and so far it seems economical. I will post some pics and a few comments later this week.
Couple of things I noted immediately, the stereo is loudly fan cooled as its a pc I suppose, its very loud and sounds better than anything I have had recently (its a Levinsohn amp and speaker pack), the tyres on the silly wheels are Eagles - good point as I expected them to be cheap rubbish, the reversing display is the same as the one in my ex CLS, it has no front leg room as the diffs intrude into both footwells, its high very high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom