Nearly hit a badger!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeeJayW

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S205 C250d AMG Line Premium Plus
Driving home last night on the A41, at 60mph came within a metre or two of hitting a badger. He/she/it just ran into the road and thankfully (for all concerned) kept on going. Could have be messy for the badger and us.

Badgers are really solid creatures, would seriously mess up the front skirt/bumper...

Do you fancy coming over here and running a few foxes down?
They are getting right on my tits.

Driving home last night on the A41, at 60mph came within a metre or two of hitting a badger. He/she/it just ran into the road and thankfully (for all concerned) kept on going. Could have be messy for the badger and us.
Maybe it had had enough and wanted it’s misery to end. Imagine how down it feels this morning thinking it couldn’t even get that right!!!

Or a blessing in disguise, it’s Happy Friday after all. 🥳🥳🥳

Badgers are really solid creatures, would seriously mess up the front skirt/bumper...
Yes, could have made a right mess of the car. All sorts of potential for costly damage.

It's a bit sad, but in all my years of thrashing up and down the length and breadth of the UK at all sorts of seriously antisocial hours during the 10 years I ran my own courier company, I think I only saw 2 live Badgers, but plenty of poor individuals who hadn't made it across the road.
I'm based not far from a large area of woodland and deer are the issue on the local roads; coming into contact with a decent sized stag can put a serious crimp on your day, not to mention a dent in your no-claims discount.

Many years ago I got a badger with our works Bedford rascal. You would not believe what damage it did. Dread to think what would have happened if I hit a car !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom