Nearly New Car Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GazB

Car
2016 C250 Sport Premium - Polar White
Sorry, I just had to post this as the wife is sick of me.

Finally got a delivery date for my new and first Merc.

C250 Sport Premium in Polar White being delivered next Wednesday.

Hopefully made the right choice as going from a 320D Business Edition to a Merc, without ever driving one!

Congratulations Gaz.

Can't wait to see it. Soon be here pal.

Ant.

Congratulations!

The C-Class is quite a different drive the the 3-Series, so don't make any snap judgements. I'm sure you'll love it :thumb:

Yes I've heard i'll miss the handling of the 3 series but the overall ride is more refined - does that sound about right?

Looking forward to my first auto. Can't wait to get rid of the 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd routine on my 15 mile commute home.

Only thing is by company car budget wouldn't stretch to include the privacy glass, so just contemplating whether it's worth paying out of my own pocket or whether the car looks good enough.

Plus side I haven't seen a single white C250 Sport since I ordered it!

The ride is much better in the C-Class, the cabin is better too. Personally I don't like the steering feel in the lower end 3-Series and think the MB has it beat on that too, but others may disagree.

Sure you'll love it, I had five 3 series over the years before I bought my first merc, and that was a c270, now on my fourth, a Polar white E coupe, love it. Audi's have letters, BMW's have numbers, but Mercs have Classe.

That last night will stretch on and on (and on and on).

It doesn't matter what you buy, there will always be something out there that is better, whether it be handling, ride, comfort or toys. What you have to do is satisfy yourself with your current purchase and draw a line in the sand, standing by your purchase. Then, and only then, you'll be happy.

When I drive down the road, I don't look at all the better cars than mine, I look at all the worse cars than mine, and realise how well off I am.

Yes, I know that Bentley that has just overtaken me is much more sumptuous, but then my CLS is smoother than the Rover 75 I'm following.

That is my philosophy in life.

If you love your choice, nothing will dissuade you from it.

Anyway, the way I see it these days is that Merc drivers drive Mercs because they want to. It is not an economical choice but one of passion. After all, if there was no passion in the choice, we'd all drive Fiestas.

(Mind you, the same can be said for Audi, BMW, Volkwagen and any other premium brand, or specific models such as the Skoda Octavia VRS or the Honda Civic Type R, which are driven by people with passion).

Make sure you come back in a months time and tell us how much you love your new white C250.

Gutted my car is being delivered when I'm in jury service on Wednesday and the Mrs has to take delivery for me. She better not miss any stone chips as being driven from London - shame it's going to have 200 miles on the clock but they wanted something like £900 for transported delivery!

Well, delivery day came, and went. No new c class for me!

A bit of kicking off with Mercedes fleet and they sorted me out with an Enterprise hire car to see me through to new delivery date next Wednesday.

Bit of a treat that I've been supplied a C200L - in didn't know the 'L's were in the uk to be honest but what do I know. Long wheel base so noticeably bigger in't back.

Happy to have a practice car till mine comes next week anyway as mine is a better spec but good to drive an auto for the first time :)

To be fair, I didn't know the Longwheelbase was available here either.

Best you just get the rest of the Jury to call guilty quickly and get ready for next week. ;)

Well, delivery day came, and went. No new c class for me!

A bit of kicking off with Mercedes fleet and they sorted me out with an Enterprise hire car to see me through to new delivery date next Wednesday.

Bit of a treat that I've been supplied a C200L - in didn't know the 'L's were in the uk to be honest but what do I know. Long wheel base so noticeably bigger in't back.

Happy to have a practice car till mine comes next week anyway as mine is a better spec but good to drive an auto for the first time :)

Awwwww. Gutted for you Gaz. Been looking out for you posting tonight. Did they explain the delay?

You just made me laugh. I love it when people type their accent out. "Bigger in't back". Brillant. :thumb:

Ant. :D

The delay was down to 'paperwork' at their end, that's all I got!

I'm not too gutted about the delay really as loving driving the hire car at the minute.

Plus side is I've kicked off that I compromised on the privacy glass as would have to have done a factory order to get it, but they've now agreed to retro fit the tints anyway!

Driving an auto has been an experience so far. Nearly sent myself thru the windscreen twice now but for a seatbelt. Note to self: don't confuse the break peddle as the clutch and definitely don't use left foot. Haha

Note to self: don't confuse the break peddle as the clutch and definitely don't use left foot. Haha

:D My very first experience driving an auto box was when I slipped into the drivers seat of a Chrysler hire car at Orlando Airport in 1998 and not really sure of my route.
The guy who brought the car to me said "Ever driven an auto before?"
"Nope" I replied, whereby he said " Well just put the left foot on the floor and forget that you have it".
It was good advice and I have never had the inclination to left foot brake ever

I keep telling myself to forget I have a left foot but when the instinct is to put clutch down when coming to a stop its a habit I'm really struggling to get out of after 15 years with a manual! Haha

Still waiting for the car to turn up But on plus side they are fitting the privacy glass as a goodwill gesture because of the delay. I chose this car for fast delivery and compromised on the tints, so I've got the best of both worlds now and a C200L till mine turns up!

Good things come to those who wait Gaz.

It'll be worth it mate.

Ant.

That long wheel base C200 must be proper rare. Especially in RHD.

Got a pic you can share?

Sorry just the last post from 20th. I'll snap a couple of pics tonight if I get chance, before the car goes back to the lease company on Friday - finally my car is being delivered on Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom