I also just went through the same via MB Exeter and can confirm these requirements. This was more paperwork than last time three years ago when I did not have to send my license by post. The delivery driver had my license in an envelope when he dropped off the new car.RichardM said:They wanted to see my original drivers license, not a copy, a bit of a pain as the dealer was hundreds of miles away so I had to send it by post!
If it helps below is what they asked me for. For the initial credit check they just asked the normal DOB, address, previous address, driving license number, employer, time with employer, bank, time with bank. No request for salary information.
Attached you will find your Finance Documentation, in accordance with the Finance and Leasing Association we will need you to do the following, without which we will be unable to complete the purchase transaction for your car: -
1. *****Print 3 copies of the finance documents. Please keep one copy for your records. Please sign, print and date the other two copies and send back to Mercedes-Benz Exeter at the address below – Please leave the witness box blank
2. *****Print 1 copy of the Direct Debit mandate and sign and date and send back to Mercedes-Benz Exeter at the address below
3. *****Print 1 copy of the Customer Information form and complete with details of whom the vehicle is to be registered too and your current vehicle details, then please sign and send back to Mercedes-Benz Exeter at the address below
4. *****Print 1 copy of the customer explanations form please sign and date and send back to Mercedes-Benz Exeter at the address below. Please also print 1 copy of the customer explanations for you to keep
5. *****Please supply your original Driver Licence (not a photocopy), which will need to be in your current address. *In the case of the new Photo Card Licence we need the card and also need the original paper document. *Driving licences in previous name/address will not be accepted.