Neat very neat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary350

Car
slk 230 & slk 350 (sold) Jag XF 2.7 Premium Luxury
Stole this from SLKworld a must for SLK owners.

gary

Attachments

• caravanap260806_600x426a.JPG
    caravanap260806_600x426a.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 302
Excellent, wonder how much that motorhome is! So much cooler than towing the car behind it. :bannana:

Do you reckon it could be deployed whilst the camper is moving? Like Knight Rider??? Awesome piece of kit..

gary350 said:

seem to remember in the late eighties a similar motor home which had a drop-down rear end with either a ferrari testarossa or a lamborgini countach.

James bond eat your heart out. wonder what other little tricks it has up its sleeve

That's a cool gadget.

Even cooler than having a chilled water dispenser set into the fridge door, and that's pretty cool. I've wanted one since I was about 6 or 7 stood in awe whilst in Comet - must do something about that.

Slightly spoilt by the choice of a brown SLK? :confused:

The wife refuses to beleive this picture is not a photo shop special, any one know model numbers or where I can find more info?
cheers
(got to win this one;))

lotusmark2 said:
The wife refuses to beleive this picture is not a photo shop special, any one know model numbers or where I can find more info?
Here's another article, with the maker's name:
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/27/car-carrying-motor-coach-from-germany

It was also in the Daily Mail, so it must be true :rolleyes:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=402405&in_page_id=1770

actually, the drawing in the first article makes me think that this could well be a concept / mock-up, rather than something that actually exists?

Another point is, why show a family of 3 against a 2 seater car? :D

Last edited:
A couple more pics on this page:

http://www.ezprezzo.com/crazypics/mercedes_in_bus.html

mercedes_in_bus1.jpg

mercedes_in_bus2.jpg

mercedes_in_bus3.jpg

mercedes_in_bus4.jpg

That's interesting - the height of the car vs the opening didn't seem right, but I can see from the sequence of pictures that the whole bus is jacked up, which isn't so obvious from the single picture in most of the articles.

Rory said:
That's interesting - the height of the car vs the opening didn't seem right, but I can see from the sequence of pictures that the whole bus is jacked up, which isn't so obvious from the single picture in most of the articles.
As you say, the arch gap differs on those pics as the bus is clearly jacked up to let the car out.
Rory said:
Another point is, why show a family of 3 against a 2 seater car? :D
I wonder if a 129 would fit in there :)

It's got to come out more than that, how you supposed to get it off the crumb tray?

Rory said:
Totally agree. I wonder if htey are using the car to highlight the space available? The front wheels of the motor caravan, are clearly off the ground.

I can recall pictures of cars fitting into a drive-in rear compartment which surely must be far easier to design. I wonder if the SLK version impedes with the prop shaft?

John

glojo said:
I can recall pictures of cars fitting into a drive-in rear compartment which surely must be far easier to design. I wonder if the SLK version impedes with the prop shaft?
It looks like the space that would normally be filled with luggage on a big coach. Prop shaft? If it's RWD and rear engined then prop shaft won't be a problem!

I've seen one like this before with a suzuki Cappuchino Parked in the back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom