need 2 tires 225 40 18 W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Olivier

MB Enthusiast
Car
E300 TD
Hello,
I got a quote from farmer autocare for some durun tires at 65 pounds.
Are they any good?
100 for the leading brand Avon.
Any imput on the price ot the make needed here as I don't know. My tires are SADA at the moment.
I had an alignment made last year by them, 2 wheels, and now my front tires inside are worned to the cord, just spotted it yesterday while changing the engine/ gear box mount.:eek:.
The guy said I should do an alignement every 6 month? Is that correct?
Andy said I should do a 4 wheels alignment?
Thank you.
Olivier

try here Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres :: R18" - 225/40/18, 225/40 R 18 ::

used them loads in the past. Good prices and the customer service has always been brilliant.

They even text you to let you know approximate time your tyres should be delivered.

In my opinion, you shouldnt try and scrimp when buying tyres, pay a bit more and buy a premium brand. They are the only thing that hold your car on the road at the end of the day.

Thank you Chris, Just spoke to Brian there, her recommended the falken 912 for normal driving and the falken 452 for a better performance, I think I'll go for the latest, they are not that dearer and have been recommended. Reckon its good?
Cheers.
Olivier

Brian said Falken were part of goodyear, but might be made in china too as a lot of stuff...

Lots of us use Falkens , they are good tyres.

Cant see you needing a 4 wheel alignment every 6 months, unless fella means tracking?
I had mine done more than 6 mths ago and buggered if im paying again unless i break something.

Lynall

try here Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres :: R18" - 225/40/18, 225/40 R 18 ::

used them loads in the past. Good prices and the customer service has always been brilliant.

They even text you to let you know approximate time your tyres should be delivered.

In my opinion, you shouldnt try and scrimp when buying tyres, pay a bit more and buy a premium brand. They are the only thing that hold your car on the road at the end of the day.

Got the Falken yesterday, they are on the car, this is night and day compare with the SAVA that were on the car, a lot more grip on the wet/ cobblestone. Just ordered 2 more. As you point it out, they are the only thing that hold the car on the road. With the SAVA I was always nervous on corner as the car was not handling well, much much better now. With four Falken, it gonna be good.
Thank you. :)
Olivier

I have P Zero Rossos on the front of mine and Falken 452's on the back ...

When the P Zeros wear out , i'll replace them with 452's

Falken better then P zero? Woohoo... Don't forget to put the new tires at the back :)

I don't know if i'd say they were better than P Zero's , but for what the 452's cost compared to what the P Zeros cost , and the performance they offer , i'll take the Falkens.

Can't put the new ones on the back , i have a staggered setup .....

What mean staggered set up?
Was it here that I saw the michelin test where they were showing that you always need to put new tires at the back, especially in wet conditions?

I have 245's on the back and 225's on the front .... wider rears ...

Glad to see you did not go for the "leading" Avon brand.....dont know who put that one by you !!

farmers. They were charging me 100 pounds for the "leading" brand, avon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom