Need 60mm AMG caps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob77

MB Enthusiast
Car
1990 W201 2.6 Sportline; 2011 S204 C350 CDI Sport; 1978 Foale/Suzuki GS750; 1994 Aprilia Pegaso 650
The caps on my AMG (not ///AMG) wheels are mismatched so I'm looking for some replacements.

Maybe Talbir or Jay can tell me if these would be likely to work:

Mercedes Benz AMG Wheel Center Cap S600 E63 C32 SLK55 : eBay Motors (item 330398679407 end time Jan-31-10 17:24:55 PST)

They are clearly fakes but if they're a decent quality I'll try them if they are likely to fit.

Alternatively, I understand the proper ones are plain flat metal and bolt on. Would it be practical to get a set made? These ones seem to be push fit and so maybe they would have nothing to push onto?

I just bought a set of these wheels.. four had the proper nuts and bolts, one had a random 60mm cap that someone had stuck in place with some silicone.
The caps you show look like they could work... i might try a set too!

I purchased similar from eBay, but mine are in colour (Not Silver). Same seller and they look great, however took 4 weeks to deliver.

Last edited:
I've just measured mine and 3 of them are blank caps 74mm diameter and sitting over the cap recesses. The other one is a star pattern 75 diameter and it's sitting over the cap recess too.

I've asked him a question and subject to the reply I might try a set.

I think 70mm is around the standard MB cap size? You must have the later wheels that take standard MB Caps.. Part numbers all over this website!

Oh, I thought they only came in 60mm and 75mm with the standard size being 75mm. As I say, mine are the old style AMG ones and the caps are raised not sitting flush with the wheel faces so I was assuming the hole underneath was 60mm.

Curiouser and curiouser :dk:

Maybe I should pull one out and check :doh:

i think its going to be a case of trying a few!

I think you're right and just to confuse things further, I think my wheels are AMG 2 and not AMG 1 so maybe the 60mm rule doesn't apply to these?

I just bought a set of these wheels.. four had the proper nuts and bolts, one had a random 60mm cap that someone had stuck in place with some silicone.
The caps you show look like they could work... i might try a set too!

Jay, resurecting an old thread but did you go for a set of these and did they fit the old style holes?

ive got the set, not used the wheels yet so havent tried the caps... athough visually they looked perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom