need a car cover but they are too expensive! any ideas, or anyone selling one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossyl

Car
CLK 230K W208 Coupe (1999)(Auto)
Hey,

My car is parked on a tree lined street, on the side of the road = bird poo, tree sap and many many leaves!

I'd like to get a car cover but at £100-250 they are, i think, quite extortionate.

I could just buy a tarp and tie it down, but the wind is more likely to get underneath it, and it will look ridiculous.

Any ideas, or anyone selling an old one for a W208 CLK?

thank you.

Aldi were doing a chain saw last week for £50 .

How about cutting down the offending trees :devil: :D

Be careful. Ill-fitting covers with bungee cords can do more permanent damage than birds and leaves!

Don't just get a tarp, it will scratch your paintwork! You need to get a cover with a soft lining otherwise you will regret it. It's amazing how much damage a cover flapping in the wind will do!

I can't imagine going through the hassle of removing a sodden, dirty car cover every morning before heading to work & then going through the same procedure in reverse in the evening.........
If it was me, I'd increase the washing frequency instead.

I can't imagine going through the hassle of removing a sodden, dirty car cover every morning before heading to work & then going through the same procedure in reverse in the evening.........

Ian, isn't there a law against feeding a baby whilst driving? :D

I only drive the car on weekends, and not even every weekend. Hence why a cover makes so much sense. If i drove it every day i wouldn't get a cover.

Currently searching second hand ones on eBay

Ian, isn't there a law against feeding a baby whilst driving? :D

Nope all perfectly legal, it's just using a phone that's frowned upon.... ;)

Putting any car cover on a car that's not spotlessly clean will do infinitely more damage than not having a cover at all.

Basically you'd need to wash and dry the car when you get home before putting the cover on it.

Putting any car cover on a car that's not spotlessly clean will do infinitely more damage than not having a cover at all.

Basically you'd need to wash and dry the car when you get home before putting the cover on it.

even one with soft lining?

Yes, imagine rubbing your dirty car all over with a nice soft towel.

Its the dirt that does the damage, irrespective of the cover.

A good car wax will ensure that bird poo etc does no damage to paintwork. Even a top notch car cover can cause scratches and rub marks given time and wind.

correct

views on petrol station car washes?

because i won't have time to wash it every weekend...

OR

I could wash it, then stick the cover on, then at least when i go to drive it next it's clean?

Last edited:
views on petrol station car washes?

because i won't have time to wash it every weekend...

OR

I could wash it, then stick the cover on, then at least when i go to drive it next it's clean?

It also makes the car less likely to have the badge torn off...decisions...

Beware.
Car covers can do more damage than good when used out side. the constant wind and rain can cause rubbing on the paint corners they are not reccomended for long term use. I bought a cheap w124 once which had been stored by its owner under a proper cover and the paint was worn on the edges/corner.

Maybe better to get some sort of treatment against the problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom