Need a cheap beast to go to germany in.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
After a cheap hack to go to Germany in at the end of the month. It could be £200 or £4000 ish.

Needs to have some punch and be fairly nice. Not fussed on being a mercedes.

What have you got?

Spotted some Amg Brabus thing on a car search earlier, I overlooked it but it was square and grey. Sorry that's about as much as I remember :eek: it was £5000

That is so attractive.... Perfect for an autobahn blast. FSH and only 48k
My V8 itch is so close....

Most of the cars they have are low mileage and hi spec ( nice little Abarth 595 there)

Sorry for diversion from OPs point...
Edit - one non merc option could be this perhaps?
UKSaabs ? View topic - **Saab 9-5 Stg 3, 52k, 2002. Edinburgh £2700**

Oops, a bit far from Cornwall, and not exactly en route to Germany :doh:

This one might be
http://www.uksaabs.co.uk/UKS/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=166892

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys, tempting the clk55 but I'd have to overcome my hatred for the shape! in terms of saab since I sold the 55k I ran a 2006 9-3 2:8 turbo for a month. Hated it so much I had to sell it, I dare say the 9-5 is similar in terms of build quality (or lack of) and torque steer! Quite nippy though.

The 9-5 is a much better chasis and holds 300bhp (440NM) much better than the 9-3 vert ( I had a 2.0T mapped) but had a few trips mapped 9-5 and it was an excellent long distance car

I'd go for the CLK though as long as fuel isn't an issue for you
No rust......

Mind you, why not the Porsche.....?

I'm looking at selling my VW Passat 2.0TDI (170BHP) pretty soon which shifts and is good on fuel. Did Rochdale to Bonn on 3/4 of a tank. If you're interested let me know.

1376586_10153412410050160_424133824_n.jpg

fabes said:
The 9-5 is a much better chasis and holds 300bhp (440NM) much better than the 9-3 vert ( I had a 2.0T mapped) but had a few trips mapped 9-5 and it was an excellent long distance car I'd go for the CLK though as long as fuel isn't an issue for you No rust...... Mind you, why not the Porsche.....?

Currently in talks with somebody buy my 911. So don't want to take that. Decided against the clk as I really can't stick that 208 shape.

Daleaholic said:
I'm looking at selling my VW Passat 2.0TDI (170BHP) pretty soon which shifts and is good on fuel. Did Rochdale to Bonn on 3/4 of a tank. If you're interested let me know.

Thanks for the offer but I should of put 6 cylinder plus. So it'd have to be a phaeton if it was going to be a vw saloon

I have a Honda Civic 2.0i SE 2003 model, 5 door manual hatchback. Not sure on price yet but less than a grand. 158bhp.

PM me if interested.

Sorry I should say...

Needs to be a 6 cylinder plus. Bit of punch behind it too!

StuartK said:
VW Passat R36

Certainly would fit the bill but due to the rarity of imagine they are out of the budget for this trip.

Need a cheap beast to go to germany in

I'm taking this one next week to Stuttgart:

695382s_zpsjpsduomn.jpg

Not sure about V6, but it fast, and cheap ... :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom