Need a good alloy wheel cleaner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For £30 for 5L , what’s not to like

Does the BH stuff shift ground in brake dust etc? I've used bilberry on my E class since new but have noticed that I'm getting a build up on the front wheels, it's like a black rough texture between the spokes that I'm struggling to shift. I've tried Renny Doyle Brake Buster and Soft99 Iron terminator but neither have made much of an improvement.

Does the BH stuff shift ground in brake dust etc? I've used bilberry on my E class since new but have noticed that I'm getting a build up on the front wheels, it's like a black rough texture between the spokes that I'm struggling to shift. I've tried Renny Doyle Brake Buster and Soft99 Iron terminator but neither have made much of an improvement.
Maguires one definitely does.

Bilt Hamber Autowheel is essentially a glorified fallout remover with added "cling".
Any fallout remover will do the same job
A particular favourite is DetailedOnline fallout remover, or their new Pulse reactive wheel cleaner which is half the price of BH autowheel for 5L

Ive been using their products for a while now and they're really good. Bonus points as theyre quite local to me

Bilthammer.

However I no longer need to use it after having the wheels ceramic coated. After the coating, the dust just falls off using car shampoo.
Hi apologies for jumping in on this did you do this yourself and what product did you use I am looking for an effective way of protecting my 18 inch black diamond cut alloys which are at the moment immaculate 👌🏻
Thanks

Hi apologies for jumping in on this did you do this yourself and what product did you use I am looking for an effective way of protecting my 18 inch black diamond cut alloys which are at the moment immaculate 👌🏻
Thanks

My wheels were coated by Ed at Divine Detail when he detailed the car. He usess the Kamikaze product range.

Hope this helps.

Slightly off topic, when they're cleaned and sparkling, what's the best product to keep them clean?
I was thinking of using PoorBoys wax on my newly painted alloys but welcome any recomendations please.
The inevitable build up of brake dust makes them dull pretty quickly...thanks guys.

Slightly off topic, when they're cleaned and sparkling, what's the best product to keep them clean?
I was thinking of using PoorBoys wax on my newly painted alloys but welcome any recomendations please.
The inevitable build up of brake dust makes them dull pretty quickly...thanks guys.
I’ve used the Poorboys and the Chemical Guys wheel waxes , both make cleaning a doddle for a few weeks with cars shampoo.
Don’t use any wheel cleaner or TFR which will take the waxes off in the mean time .

Auto immune diseases have hammered my body, I’m in constant pain.

I can just about do my families but as for doing it daily, it’s too much.
Sorry to hear that, I hope that you can cope, and wish you all the best.

I asked this a few years ago and BH seemed to be the most common choice. I subsequently bought some and have not used anything since.

The wheel waxes dont really help with keeping wheels clean
A ceramic wheel product like gtechniq c5 will help to keep them a lot cleaner and usually lasts about a year or so

So can any one tell me a very good alloy wheel cleaner ? . Dont want one i have to use a brush with ,,just a spray on and rinse off . Thanks for looking .
HI, I’m new here, first club ive joined and still yet to take ownership of my first mercedes however i used to sports bikes and i found the best way to clean the wheels was clean the debris off with a lite wash and then use a soft cloth with WD40 on. I use it on my car too and it works

I use BH auto wheel, but also Meguair's and Würth are good, too.

With respect to protecting the alloys once cleaned, BH Double Speed wax performs admirably, but GTechniq G5 is superb.

Believe it or not but Halfords own brand cleaner is really good as well and it has the advantage of no Acid which a lot use and will damage your wheels eventually, before my new wheels were fitted they got ceramic coated can mostly just spray the dirt off now with foam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom