Need access to four post lift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

morzov

Don't know if this is the best place to post but here goes.

The gearbox on my E320 CDI (W211) - it's a 722.6 - is misbehaving.

I've done lot of research and I'm reasonably confident that I can fix this myself - I'll at least do a better job than the garages that have looked at it to date!

I've already bought the electronic controller etc that fixes into the valve body and all really need now is to install it which is where I hit a snag,

It's probably possible to do the work on the drive but I really don't fancy working under the car especially at this time of year and it would be so much easier if the car was in the air.

So does anyone have access to a lift within striking distance of Bristol. Would probably need for a couple of days to be on the safe side.

Probably doesn't even need to be a full height lift - this could be done from one of those scissor ramps .

Happy to pay for the use or if someone else has similar problems I'm happy to go through the procedure

Please PM me if you have or know of anything.

Yes I had considered Ramp it up and maybe it's an option. But on the tutorial videos I have seen a problem always crops up - like a snapped bolt , missing part etc and that then entails extra time etc etc. Plus I went to visit it and it looked a little chaotic .

Yes I had considered Ramp it up and maybe it's an option. But on the tutorial videos I have seen a problem always crops up - like a snapped bolt , missing part etc and that then entails extra time etc etc. Plus I went to visit it and it looked a little chaotic .

Which will cost you extra money.
As opposed to a professional offering you the use of his ramp FOC, and then when a problem occurs as above, your non-paying car will be on his ramp stopping him doing paying work.......

Apologies if I sound a little sarcastic, but I do really wish you well in your search...:rolleyes:

Actually that does sound a bit sarcastic.

I wasn't looking for help from a professional garage and I wasn't expecting to use it for free. No doubt there are some good one's out there but to date I haven't found one.

I was hoping maybe someone had a private lift and was willing to help and wasn't too bothered if it took a little time. Isn't that what these forums are about?:confused:

And actually that's what has now happened.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom