Need advice regarding possibility of trade in against an old Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smart320

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Toyota RAV4 3dr , SLK55amg, ML320 (2 ) A210 , E320 ( all gone )
As my wife is just about to commit to investing about £ 2500 of my dwindling funds in a 4 day old cockapoo puppy so I am wondering if any forum members have any bright ideas on how I might negotiate to trade it in for a nice old E211 or similar.
We have approximately 9 weeks before we need to take delivery of the puppy ( or make the swap.)
Please Note _ I have not yet mentioned this idea to my wife as she thinks I am happy driving her Rav4 😟

Bejezus
And thought I was a good horse trader .
A catlick Irish blessing to yah!
Tuercas Viejas

2500? That all? My sister has just dropped 3500 on a cavapoo.
I don’t know where they get these pieces from for what in all intents and purposes is a mongrel.

2500? That all? My sister has just dropped 3500 on a cavapoo.
I don’t know where they get these pieces from for what in all intents and purposes is a mongrel.

Yes it's absolutely insane, but people are prepared to pay these prices so they keep charging them.

We bought a dual-registered (Kennel Club and International Sheep Dog Society) Border Collie pup from top working lines in Wales for £500, but have seen 'rare' unregistered (non-pedigree) ones being snapped up online for £2000 plus.

With so many rescue dogs being put down due to nobody wanting them, and with your voiced concern over dwindling funds, my view on the choice of spending £2.5k on a prestige fashion pup and encouraging that part of the breeding industry is, well, totally insane. Don't forget the vet bills, food, kennels etc.

Sometimes we have less than ideal choices in life, and need to match spending within our means. My brother can't do it mind you, and is in a debt spiral and I dread to think where it will end.

Should you be saving the fashion pup outlay and putting that to something more practical? The car? The ongoing running costs (car and/or pup)?

If the dwindling funds comment is only light hearted, then some of the above might not apply.
My views above might be a bit harsh, but I'm removed from your situation so it might be a bit more impartial.

Good luck OP 👍

Thanks all, it was a bit tongue in cheek , funds dwindling due to house remodelling cost getting on for a six figure sum ! Have decided on type of dog about 3 years ago and done a lot of research we have only just taken the plunge this year , as expected to get the right dog will cost us. There are plenty of cheaper / rescue dogs about but we have decided we would prefer not to take a bigger risk than we need too.
I guess I will have to wait until later next year to try to get myself another Mercedes, unless of course the Rav has a terminal mechanical fault or an accident 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom