Need COC data - help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

21schnitzer

Car
C36 AMG
Hi all,

I need to get a certificate of conformity for my 1996 C36 AMG. Mercedes dealers don’t offer them. Where can I get one or at least the data. I am registering the car from gurnsey into the uk and need all the stats to register it.

mmm I think you may need to go through a special vehicles test in the UK to get an approval document now. I wouldn't have thought mercedes would be much help unfortunately.
An SVA test is like an MOT on steroids, it would pass easily providing its standard and in good mechanical order/ bodywork also. Might be the only way unfortunately.

No SVA anymore, replaced with IVA.

Google it, that are various companies online offering historic copies of CoC, for a fee obviously, but whether they will have the specific one you need, I don't know.

E.g.:

Etc

Hi all,

I need to get a certificate of conformity for my 1996 C36 AMG. Mercedes dealers don’t offer them. Where can I get one or at least the data. I am registering the car from gurnsey into the uk and need all the stats to register it.

May have to pay VAT on car on list price of the car from 1996 !

Go to the source.

If you click on the bit about approvals, your car should be too old to require this.

Not sure if you need a IVA test,but as far as I know they can be had at most HGV MOT truck testing sites.

It’s had the nova approval so all VAT and so on is done. I’ve checked the gov website and it states I need to fill in the V55/5 document which wants a lot of coc info unless I’m missing something written elsewhere?

I would contact MB UK customer services and get them so send you one. As i found out last year when i bought a BMW in UK to export here to Germany for my step son, companies wanted up to €200 to supply a CoC, but i emailed BMW UK and got a PDF copy by return email free of charge with the hard copy arriving in the post about two weeks later. If your car has a Type Approval number it will have a CoC already produced. I assume your car was first registered in Guernsey and not in UK as if it was exported from the UK just complete the application with the original UK reg (which it will go back to) and as much detail as you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom