Need different bolts for wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by Exovolt, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Exovolt

Exovolt New Member

Car:
    Mercedes C220
    I invested in a set of aftermarket alloys today for my 2005 C Class Coupe and it turns out the stock bolts are a few mm too long. Any ideas on how to get shorter bolts? I've tried Halfords but they only stock Ripspeed bolts.

2. npuk

npuk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. The G.F.P

The G.F.P Hardcore MB Enthusiast

i had this problem with my after market 18's for my w124

i had to have shorter bolts on the back as when i moved slowly backwards after putting the new bolts & wheels on the new longer bolts pinged the handbrake shoe spring and popped it off

so i stuck the old ones back on the back with nice black plastic caps to make them look nicer

oh, i had to use brabus spacers to get the wheels on hence the need for longer bolts at the front

4. OP
    OP
    Exovolt

Exovolt New Member

Car:
    Mercedes C220
    Could I use a set of 5mm spacers do you reckon? If I measured the stock bolt against the new wheel compared to the stock wheel and I come up with about 5mm I think it might work. I'm not really savvy on this subject though.

Tags: