Need DVD Hong Kong Map Disc after sucessful installing a UK Comand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philip888

Car
ML 350 (07), Cayenne (05), ML270CDi (03), ML270CDI (00)
I recently come to hong kong and have a ML350 W164.

Factory fitted sat nav is not very common in this part of the world, may be the dealer asking price of $55000 HKD ( £2000 + £1800 tax ) have put off anyone who wanted one.

So I brought a used Command APS from UK ebay, took me 1 hour to have the unit fitted to my car everything seem to work very well, the GPS can pick up 5 to 9 satellite most of the time and the compass function work too.
But I dont have a HONG KONG DVD Map, just want to make sure it will work before paying the dealer asking price of $9000hkd ( £600 ) for a copy of the local DVD map disc.

Anyone have a used Hong Kong map disc for sale? or exchange for my Europe 2007 APS disc

ML Command share the same disc with
A Class 09/04 on
B Class
C Class 04/04 on
CLK 06/04 on
GL Class
R Class
Smart Four
Sprinter 01/06 on
Vito / viano 04/06 on

Dunno about that, but have you tried the radio? They use a different band as far as I can remember.

Dunno about that, but have you tried the radio? They use a different band as far as I can remember.

Yes correct we go higher in frequency and they go lower, some of the lower part will not be there.
We start at around 87.9 MHZ and they start at 76 MHZ.

The tuning increments are different too, the same as the USA ones, that will further reduce what can be recieved

You will not miss much, is only 6 radio station here.
while I am looking for the map disc, i will have to make use of the compass function

You will not miss much, is only 6 radio station here.
while I am looking for the map disc, i will have to make use of the compass function

The Comand APS tuner can be re-coded with Star for the different radio frequency ranges/intervals - so that is about 10 mins to fix.

My initial thought is that the disk will work fine - there are 3 different DVD nav systems for ML
a) USA/Canada (made by alpine, completely incompatable disks)
b) Japan (no idea)
c) Rest of World

I.e The European unit is fitted in Hong Kong, (and Singapore etc), so the disk should work.

Looking at DVDs, there seems to be
a) disk for Europe
b) disk for Australia/NZ
c) disk covering MiddleEast and Africa
d) disk covering HK, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand
e) Disk covering North America
- I dont know what happens for Japan

R

PS, Phillip. Let me find out how much the navigation DVD is through normally more cost effective routes ..

Philip, I can't PM you, but email sales AT comandonline.co.uk ..

Cheers
R

Received a reply today from Comand Online with a quote of £530 inc shipping to Hong Kong. As small saving from the local main agent.

radio frequency in HK should be pretty similar to britain since they used to be under british control until 1997

if you ever get any DVD from legit asian source, better make sure they are not copies cuz its not unlikely.

Yes, finally got my DVD map disc today.

Attachments

• map bangkok.JPG
    map bangkok.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 88
  • map hk.JPG
    map hk.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 92
  • ABCD0010.JPG
    ABCD0010.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 84
Richard,

I'm also looking for a navi DVD that has the same coverage as yours.

Could you please pm me or email: avi at vodafone dot ie

I'd like to know what the coverage is like, and is it worth the money.

Cheers

Asking Indonesian Map

It was a old posts, but I now face the same problem.

The used SLK R171 2005 have Comand APS with HK Map Disk. And the map cannot be used in Indonesia.
Meanwhile you have bought new map DVD. Is it included Indonesian map? Or do u know, how to get Indonesian map, instead of HK map?

Thx.

Please sned to my email [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom