Need front plastic engine / pulley cover fixing S204 W204 c250cdi om651

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonygw

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI AMG Blue efficiency diesel
Hi Guys

Investigating the water pump on my S204 2012 C250CDI which is leaking. I have the OM651 engine
I noticed the plastic front engine cover that covers the pump and pulleys was a bit flappy. Looks like the plastic push on fixing is broken on the left hand side, looks like it fits onto the water pump at the top. There are two fixings at the top of this cover.
The engine cover is part number A6510100867 but does anybody know th epart code of the plastic stud that this cover pushes onto (on the top of the water pump housing?)

The part itself is a 1/2" long plastic stud with a bulb / bulge at one end for the cover to push onto securly. Anybody know what this part is or what its called? Just want to get the car 100% .

Thanks

anyone :-(

This picture shows the part I need. The black plastic part sticking up at the back of the water pumnp in this picture.
1590157843203.png

Hi Tony,

I'm afraid I can't help you with the part number. It is probably too small to have a part number stamped on it.
If you look at the video of the mechanic changing the coolant pump on the OM651, he unbolts that part from the old pump and bolts it into the new pump.
I wonder what happened yours? I recall that it has quite a long thread so is unlikely to just have fallen out.
Was the coolant pump ever changed on your car previously? Maybe when it was changed before the little plastic fitting wasn't moved over to the new pump?

Would it be worth taking off the undertrays to see if it did fall off and is sitting there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom