Need help!! Doors on merc is closing,but you can open the car from outside.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frglwer

Car
MB
Can anybody tell me what could be the reason for that? It shows that the doors is closed,but when i pull the doors it opens from the outside! And I have only one key.

Was trying to call Andy,but he would not pick up. Does anyone knows if he is working today,i need to sort it out as soon as possible!

Are you saying you can't lock the car using your remote?

Is there not a key blade inside the remote which you pull out to reveal an emergency key?

Use that key in the lock. Try a new battery in the remote.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

No,its looking the door,BUT,i can still open it from outside. Could the key in my hand be the reason for car to open the door when i pull it? Some cars have it,just don't know if my car does.

CLS55 Amg 2005

Probably. Go and put the key down a distance away.

So you:

1) Push the lock button on the remote.
2) The doors all lock and you can see that the lock pins have gone down?
3) With the car locked like this you can open a door without doing anything?

I am not sure what you are describing?

Do you have keyless go? Can you see a black rubber square on each handle toward the keyhole? If so you have keyless go!

Yes,i checked and it turns out i do have a keyless go! Im so sorry for silly question,its my first car ever,and i don't know nearly anything about it!

The other thing,maybe someone will know,don't want to start a new thread:

My car had a service on 2nd of may and engine oil was changed,and now,about 2000 miles after,it did pop out a message that i need to add 1 litre of oil. Is it common in that car to burn oil so fast? Thanks

Yes this can be common and is not likely to be an issue. I would add .5 litre then check that the message stops. Add the rest when it comes back in few weeks/months.

Keyless Go virgin :D

At least your Keyless Go is working perfectly.

Yes this can be common and is not likely to be an issue. I would add .5 litre then check that the message stops. Add the rest when it comes back in few weeks/months.

Just in case it was not clear Bruce was suggesting, correctly, to add 0.5 of a litre:thumb:

Oil warning is normal, as been suggested add 0.5L then check the level and add as needed.

Make sure you get the same oil spec as been used at the service

Thanks a lot to everyone! Will keep you updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom