Need help from electronics wizards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noogieman

MB Enthusiast
Car
I Loewe Old Skool AMG
I have a brand new 300km/h cluster from pre-facelift w210 E55 AMG, this cluster fits 1997 - 1999 cars w/o tiptronic.

I want to use the 300 faceplate installed into my C43 cluster.
Anyone knows the best solution to get correct needle speed reading as the digits are not in the same place compared between 280 - 300 faceplates.

I was thinking if I only removed the 300 facedial with rear bracket plate/electronics fitted onto my C43 cluster?
I want to use my C43 display seen in picture 2 and 3.
Is this doable?

My buddy told me, in the cluster curcuit board there's an adjusting screw where the electronics are, to align the needle to read correct speed.
Feedback please!

Last edited:
Hi I've done this mod on my C43 with a facelift instrument cluster from a W208. If you use cluster from W210 the readings for petrol and temperature gauges are inverted. You would need to get cluster from a W208.

You will have have to get it coded also

I guess you are not changing the complete cluster just the dials its very fiddley job

I will only remove the centre speedo plate with rear bracket plate + electronics from the w210 300 cluster, integrating them parts onto my C43 cluster with my C43 mileage display.
mileage lcd dispaly plate from w202 and w210 is it removable?

Found these pictures.
I hope these dial parts comes as 3 separate faceplates/brackets and not integrated into the plastic rear plate acrylic board?

Last edited:
From what i can remember i think the dials are seprate you just wind the needles which come off and then you can take the dial out.

Its been awhile but i do think the screen comes off i cant remeber if its soldered on or has a conector.

Why do you want to put W210 lcd in yours?

you got it all wrong buddy, I don't want the w210 display

i want to remove my complete 280 speedo gauge, replacing it with 300 speedo gauge/acrylic backplate including electronics to get a correct reading.
then I will assemble/integrate the 300 parts with my C43 mileage display.
Is dis doable?

I can't use w210 display, it won't work on my car

I have found out cluster lcd display from w210 is removable so I can assemble my C43 lcd display with 300 speedo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom