Need help in deciding.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abbos

Car
W202 + W115
Hi,

I am new to the forums and have not had my C Class W202 for too long.

I saw these alloys on ebay. Can anyone tell me if they will bolt straight on to my benz, and what sort of price I should pay max.

Thanks in advance.

eBay Link

Welcome on board
There are other merc wheels on e bay that look better however these look pretty good wouldnt pay more than 400 for them. Wait until the last minute to see what price it is at then go in with your max bid.
Pete

Bids gone too high already IMO.

I bought an identical set with tyres on ebay a few months ago for £200 all in including delivery. ;)

Hi Tan,

Thanks very much for the link!

Will Mercedes alloys off an ML with a ET47 fit my C Class W202 ?

They don't come with tyres so could I get away with putting a lower profile on possibly?

Any advice appriciated.

Sorry dude , ML wheels won't fit onto anything else.

You are looking for about an ET37 for a w202

what does the offset mean?

Is it the width of the wheel, e.g. the amount it sticks out?

Example, could I got for ET30's on the front and ET35's on the rear or am I not grasping this and making my self look like a fool.

Can anyone help?

Imagine the wheel is 7" wide.
Its mounting plate could be anywhere across the 7".
If it mounts at the inside edge (car side) it gives a deep dish look.
If its at the outside edge - flat looking appearance.

Offset (known as ET) is a measurement in mm of the distance between the centre of the wheel and the mounting plate -
i.e. how far from the centre it is offset.

For an explanation with a diagram, checkout this -

Link

Offset will determine whether the wheel will foul the wheel arches on the outside, or the inner arch/suspension.

Its only one of a number of variables - most are explained on the Link above.

Hope this helps... :)

Hey Abbos...

Where are you in Berkshire????

I posted Montys address as I've used him for over 5 years now, he is bloody good and has a showroom full of new and 2nd user wheels for Benz, BMW, VW and Audi...
Give Paul a call and mention my name.....

I'll back up Greg's comments about Monty's. I've just bought (well, still awaiting delivery) a nice set of wheels from them. Very friendly and helpful indeed.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your advice. I did manage to take a moment from work to call them and spoke to Justin as Paul was on the phone.

I hope you don't mind Greg but I sent them the picture of your car in your sig as I really like those wheels, and they have a chrome rim around the edge don't they?

Anyways.. I am on the road to my first mod on my benz. Will post some pix when I've bought some.

Also, will 17's go straight on?

Thanks again!

Hey Greg,

On your website, under the Benz section, right down at the bottom you got a pic of a silver benz on 18's. Have you got any pics of the black benz in the background? Those wheels on it look sweet. Also have the arches been flared?

Would love to see some more pics of that black benz if you got any..

Abbos,

The silver Sport has exactly the same rims as mine and the black one in the background is Koolvins I think. He has the AMG "Star" rims in 17" flavour like you see on the CLK's...
Drop him a PM....

Originally posted by abbos
[B

Would love to see some more pics of that black benz if you got any.. [/B]

AMG styling I's

2.jpg

9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom