Need help picking a car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaqs1977

Car
Subaru Impreza
Hi guys. Wondered if some of you guys can help. Looking for a bigger car for the mrs due to a new addition coming in April.

Never owned a Mercedes before so needed some pointers. Looking for a 4 door automatic. Budget of about £11k. Seen one on trader. What do I need to look at.

2014 2.1 c220 cdi.

Any help appreciated

Welcome, Shaqs, congrats on the new addition, and that does look, like a nice motor. :) 👍

Welcome aboard that looks like a great car,with full MB service history,it has been 50 years since I needed to know about small childs seats,just check you do not need anything special to sit the new baby on the front seat.

Interesting spec-just make sure you can live with the ride quality; standard sport spec on 18's ride a tad hard but I'm not sure how the 15mm drop will affect that. All depends what you're used to.
Welcome BTW!

He's considering it not bought it yet , it's a no from me .

It's got halogen reflectors not all dancing HID...
These reflector headlights are looking strangely dark in the corners too .

The agility suspension dampers are a fortune upon replacement , very few cars ever have it and never needed it because the stock oem dampers are special dual rate and their replacement would be Bilstein B4 DampMatic®

I bet some of the 7 spoke Ronals are heavily kerbed.

Other points that need expanding / doing some research on .

ATF done every 5 years ?

Artico fake half leather

Start Strain

Timimg chain

Leaking water pump and fuel filter housing coolant inlet outlet .

Last edited:
Interesting spec-just make sure you can live with the ride quality; standard sport spec on 18's ride a tad hard but I'm not sure how the 15mm drop will affect that. All depends what you're used to.
Welcome BTW!

mrs got 2014 Citroen ds3 that's getting replaced. I own a 2003 Subaru Impreza Still, so doubt the ride quality will affect me drastically. lol

He's considering it not bought it yet , it's a no from me .

It's got halogen reflectors not all dancing HID...
These reflector headlights are looking strangely dark in the corners too .

The agility suspension dampers are a fortune upon replacement , very few cars ever have it and never needed it because the stock oem dampers are special dual rate and their replacement would be Bilstein B4 DampMatic®

I bet some of the 7 spoke Ronals are heavily kerbed.

Other points that need expanding / doing some research on .

ATF done every 5 years ?

Artico fake half leather

Start Strain

Timimg chain

is that what I need to ask or research on the car?

a couple of noob questions.
what are the issues with these?

Artico fake half leather

Start Strain

Timimg chain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom