Need help storing Original Wind Deflector in the Boot of 124 Cabriolet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kookoo

Car
A124 e220 Cabriolet
My car is 124CA e220 Cabriolet (right hand drive). I have just bought Original MB Wind Deflector for my car. According to additional manual, I should be able to store it in the car boot and secured it with the strap when it is not in used. But the manual does not have any picture on this issue. I would be grateful if any member can provide me with the picture or guide me on how to install it in the boot.

My car does not originally come with wind deflector. But I have bought new lining with the strap. However, I can figure out how to secure the wind deflector in the boot.

Thank you.
Chin

Cars that had the deflector fitted as standard had recess slots moulded into the boot lining at each side of the boot, up forward and roughly at the bottom of the boot floor. The slots allowed the collapsed deflector to slide into the recess there-by holding it in place and out of the way. If your car did not have a deflector specified then unfortunately it is unlikely the boot will have the moulded slots.

When you say you have bought a new lining, is this a new boot lining with the slots included??

See pretty much in the centre of the picture there is a slot slopeing down at approx 45 degrees. This is the slot the deflector sits in. This is on the right side of the boot......

Last edited:
Thank you for the picture. Do you have the picture of lining on the LEFT side? Or picture with deflector sitting in. Mine is look like this on the right side. But on the left side is flat and without slot.

Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom