Need help w/issue caused by adding aftermarket amp to S500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PastorBrian

I currently live in the states and have been having a problem trying to add an aftermarket amplifier to a 2001 Mercedes S500 equiped w/the Bose navigation system. The problem that I am having is that when I connect the high/low convertor to the rear sub (to get RCA signal for teh aftermarket amp), the factory bose radio randomly turns the volume up and down. I will be listening to a song or watching a DVD and the volume will either turn all the way up or all the way down without reason. When the high/low is disconnected however, the unit seems to be playing OK. I have tried 3 different brands of line output convertors (high-low's)--but they all do the same thing.
:confused: I am a seasoned car audio installer w/over 14 years experience, but this problem has me stumped? Has anyone else had this experience?
Any input would be appreciated.

You have probably though of this however does that head unit compensate volume with regard to external noise, ie if you have a window open or as the vehicle speed fluctuates... If so there may be a setting to turn it off.

High/Low converter... the things that MB forces us to do! I have used those before sound quality is affected... isn't there and optical out of command?

I once got 143Db out of 150 Watts... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom