Need help with gearknob removal E class w210 6 spd man.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cellarmerc

Car
W211 E320cdi est. Elegance 2005
Hi, I´m in trouble, I tried to remove the gearknob by twisting it anticlockwise, there was a crack and now rotates, its loose but obviously doesnt screw off. I need to know how to reove the knob and how the plastic shroud below it features in this.Have I broke it ? I bought a new leather gear boot to replace the old one thats why I wanted to take off the gearknob , now I´m regretting touching it.
any help welcome. Its the 210 cdi 220 est manual 6 speed.

thks Tony

I know the older manuals have a 13mm bolt below the gaitor on the lower part of the shaft and the knob is removed together with the shaft. (unlike the autos)

Not sure about on a W210 but its likely to be similar.

Not sure what u mean, but that would mean the knob and gearstick was all one and that does´t sound right surely ? The plastic shroud has like resesses for a scredriver but seem to do nothing to move the plastic in any way.

Hard to say without a pic but most manual gear knobs seem to be the same on mercs.
If you pull up the gaiter and look at the base of the gear knob itself is there an inverted plastic cone?
If so, rotate that (anti clockwise I think) and it should release the gear knob.

yes, that has worked but because I twisted it earlier it is now lose when put back on the shaft ,whats the possibility of getting another gear knob , original mercedes 6 speed second hand , any trim level ,do all the knobs fit my car ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom