Need help with Renault Scenic...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They're saying you've got no status :eek:

Tell 'em b***ocks and me and a few of the boys will go round - it's just not on :D.

Dose your car have rain sensing wipers?

No it does not.... the Privilege is sort of top-of-the-range and has got lots of kit, e.g. CD-changer, keyless-wireless ignition, panoramic roof etc, but not rain sensors. I always knew that having all these electrics on a French car can't be a good thing...

Thanks for the PM, trapperjohn :thumb:

My wife had a scenic, and the instrument panel failed.

Although the car was 7 years old, we got a subsidised repair from a Renault main agent, as it is a very common fault.

No it does not.... the Privilege is sort of top-of-the-range and has got lots of kit, e.g. CD-changer, keyless-wireless ignition, panoramic roof etc, but not rain sensors. I always knew that having all these electrics on a French car can't be a good thing...

Lucky then it's not Italian.....:)

Lucky then it's not Italian.....:)

I've had nothing but grief with the 'lectrics on my Alfa- including crazy instruments... All the electronics are made by.... BOSCH! :)

Found this:

BBC - Watchdog: Renault gets lost on the Scenic route

Jolly good :) looks like I might be able to get it fixed for a £100 (if Renault's offer still stands - the article above is dated almost two years ago).

With much thanks to David Powell when the DIL's Scenic went duff on Christmas Day!!! It was quickly sorted by Renault Main Agent, Wigan. It had a known issue (not to us) with the radio draining the battery. New radio unit fitted FOC. David sent me the information by email and No1 son had it for backup in the main dealers.

Once the Main Agent knew that our son, also called David, had the printed information about the fault - butter would not melt.

Good Luck.

I had the same on my wifes car, got renault dealer to resolve it FOC, common fault. if you struggle PM me, there is an after market company that will refurbish it, very easy to install.

I had the same on my wifes car, got renault dealer to resolve it FOC, common fault. if you struggle PM me, there is an after market company that will refurbish it, very easy to install.

Thanks.

I've got the Haynes manual, but I probably won't attempt to get the instrument panel out before talking to Renault on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom