Need Help with Upgrading to w124 e220 Cabriolet Sportline

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kookoo

Car
A124 e220 Cabriolet
My car is a UK right hand drive e220 cabriolet. It is currently under original suspension which is in need of replacement. Hence, I am now thinking about upgrading my suspension including shock-absorber to Sportline Specification. But the problem is that I cannot find the correct part number for these Sportline parts. The local MB dealer in Thailand is less than helpful (they don't even heard of Sportline).

I, therefore, would like to ask for the help of club member to provide the full set of Sportline suspension part number (picture of microfiche would be greatly appreciate). Thank you in advance for all the help

For springs, rollbar & shocks only there is a list in the E-Class Owners Bible ISBN 083760230-0, Pg 272, but this is for a sedan - front components should be the same, the rear components will be unique to the Cab. You might like to do a search on this forum, benzworld, mbworld etc etc. I am sure someone has posted a list previously.

To do the full conversion you will need new lower control arms on the front, new steering box and suspension bushes. The Sportline suspension bushes are the same as those specified for "rough roads" or third world countries. I think they will be referred to as "Heavy Duty" suspension bushes in Thailand.

Hope this helps....

W.

Thank you for your information. I've e-class owner bible but I think it is only for sedan.

How about the front and rear spring listed in the owner bible, can I use it on cabriolet?

the problem is that the e class bible is USA based and they did not have the 220 engined models only the 6 cylinder cars which are heavier.

So the sportline components they list are for the heavier engined cars (with all the extras they have on their cars over there) and will NOT be appropriate for your lighter car - there will be a mis-match, and the ride may be destroyed as the suspension will be too hard for your lighter car.

I would stick with the standard components and you will still be pleased with your car.

My car is a UK right hand drive e220 cabriolet. It is currently under original suspension which is in need of replacement. Hence, I am now thinking about upgrading my suspension including shock-absorber to Sportline Specification. But the problem is that I cannot find the correct part number for these Sportline parts. The local MB dealer in Thailand is less than helpful (they don't even heard of Sportline).

I, therefore, would like to ask for the help of club member to provide the full set of Sportline suspension part number (picture of microfiche would be greatly appreciate). Thank you in advance for all the help

I have access to the Mercedes EPC net and just did a browse on the parts for this. There are some many different variations related to chassis number that make it very difficult to quote the correct part numbers.

This should tell you what you want to know. Çàï÷àñòè Mercedes. Ïîäðîáíàÿ èíôîðìàöèÿ îá àâòîìîáèëå

Navigate by clicking on the hypertext links in blue--- 124.062--- click on + box labelled passenger car convertible-------section 32 springs suspension and hydraulics--- section 15 springs and suspension front ---you will then see a parts diagram and list----there are several springs/shocks listed------ look to the end of the list line for 033 sports undercarriage then click on 007 for an explanation of the suspension points system. Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom