Need information on new Bosch parts .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
This just might be me i dont know .But last year i purchased a set of new Bosch HT leads .To cut the story short they were clones without any markings on them at all .. Bosch were informed about them at the time ..I find lots of info on google about clones that are flooding the market place . Well to day i received this new Bosch rotor arm and distributor cap.Question is as anyone purchased a new Bosh distributor cap that has a clear BOSCH logo on it. Not just a round stamp at the start of part number .But a prominent BOSCH logo.

This just might be me i dont know .But last year i purchased a set of new Bosch HT leads .To cut the story short they were clones without any markings on them at all .. Bosch were informed about them at the time ..I find lots of info on google about clones that are flooding the market place . Well to day i received this new Bosch rotor arm and distributor cap.Question is as anyone purchased a new Bosh distributor cap that has a clear BOSCH logo on it. Not just a round stamp at the start of part number .But a prominent BOSCH logo.

If you Google the Bosch part number, I am sure there will be plenty of detailed photos online (mostly from eBay, probably) showing exactly what the logo should look like?

Buy from a reputable distributor and you won’t need to worry?

I'm not entirely convinced ebay is the best place to look for pictures of genuine parts ;)

I'm not entirely convinced ebay is the best place to look for pictures of genuine parts ;)
Often listings use stock images which do indeed show the genuine articles :thumb:

Thank you all for your information The Bosch parts came from Ebay outlet Parts In Motion I have had lots of parts from them .. I looked on Ebay for the same Bosch parts for sale they all look the same and no large Bosch logo mark i can see a small one at the front of the part numbers thats all . The rotor arm is stamped up with BOSCH .

Thank you all for your information The Bosch parts came from Ebay outlet Parts In Motion I have had lots of parts from them .. I looked on Ebay for the same Bosch parts for sale they all look the same and no large Bosch logo mark i can see a small one at the front of the part numbers thats all . The rotor arm is stamped up with BOSCH .

I no longer trust eBay if I want something genuine, including Bosch & similar.
Best bought from a known UK motor factor for me for the peace of mind in the event of problems.

eBay is so full of sellers selling Chinese copies the risk outweighs any saving IMO.

If I want Chinese stuff then I use Aliexpress, it carries arrival guarantees much the same as eBay at lower cost.

Oldbarrack i did just that .The company i had the Bosch leads from last year were a very well known parts supplier they have outlets all over the uk and i could name them but i wont . The Bosch clone leads had no springs inside to clip on to the plugs and distributor top .In all the quality was very poor .As i was fitting them the plug holder fell to pieces in my hand
This time i have gone for Beru these are spot on in every way . Purchased from Tim @The Green Spark Plug Company.I wish i had had the Beru cap and rotor from him also .Reason i did not is the Bosch cap did have the black shield on. This needs refitting it helps to keep condensation away from the cap itself And i was not sure it would fit the Beru cap .

Thanks for the clarification optimusprime;
I think you should name and shame - save any other members from unscrupulous factors

I think its going on big time with all of the dealers .It must bring in a fair penny . I think this is an ,, original cap it is heavy .
I had another box yesterday ,,the same time as the cap and rotor came .
It had my name on from the same seller .I opened it not knowing what was inside to find a receicpt with another name on it .
This was box was ment to go to another buyer in Litchfield . I sent an email to the seller telling them about this box .And to send me a printed lable label so i could print it off and to put the address of the buyer on it .And i would post it off Tuesday next .. I had one back to say just get rid of the part if i could. So i ended up with a Nissan drier receiver that no one wants .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom