Need new bulbs and some info!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mobb

Car
CLK55 AMG - E92 M3
I need some new bulbs for my 208 CLK 55 with factory fitted xenons with washer jets.

I have heard that philips bulbs are the best?

The bulb I want is a xenon and I want it to have a blue tint, am I right in saying that the higher up you go the bluer the light gets? I.e. 4-6000K lights are a nice White.. But 6500-8500 are a nice blue? Could someone confirm that and tell me where I can get the bluer bulbs that will fit my car and not cause any problems.

Thanks.. :thumb:

If you have xenons then they are D2R,s not H7 type look on ebay at HID,s direct
you can get them for £17 a pair with postage and choice the blueness you want
I have the 6000's in mine very bright !

So can I go for 8K? considering I have the factory xenons.. I wouldn't be causing other drivers problems or buying illegal bulbs?

8k is more in the blue part of the spectrum.
Pretty sure that it won't be illegal, definitely won't cause other driver problems, but you won't be able to see as well as with the lower temperature bulbs.

Im not sure what to do.. Dont want the OEM white look that I have now.. I want a blue tint to match my sidelights. (Sidelights look "bluer" than the original OEM xenons).

So 8000K looks good, have seen it on some BMW's and Mercedes recently.. My friend has 10K DR2's in his lights..

So what to do? 8K, 10K? or..?

Mobb I have the stardard 6000 in mine as I said and they are very bright white,
my mate has 10,000 in his which have a bright blue tint he rekons you can see
streets signs 1/2 mile away lol and they are fully legal which at £17 you cant go wrong

Does your friend have a 208? If so can I have a pic? To see what they look like?

And just to confirm the 8 and 10K's are legal and will pass an MOT?

Surely you want the lamps that put out the most light , not the ones that look 'cool' .... :confused:

Headlights are there to enable you drive safely at night.

TBH anything other than factory temperature xenons marks you out as a bit of a Barry. When i see the ( 3 series BMW's usually ) with xenons that are almost purple it does make me giggle and think 'what a tool !' ( no reflection on you , i promise :D )

Stick with the factory temp lamps. :)

Howard I do agree with you I replaced mine 4 months ago with new 6000 k same as
when fitted from new and they are very bright so am happy

No I understand. I didn't say I was going to get the 10K ones.. Just wanted to know what they looked like..

I'll go for the 6K ones.. I done want them because they look cool, but to match the blueish tint that my sidelights.

you should change the sidelights to led Killerhertz has some for sale on here,
should be getting mine later in the week worthwhile mod they match the brightness
of the xenon bulbs

you should change the sidelights to led Killerhertz has some for sale on here,
should be getting mine later in the week worthwhile mod they match the brightness
of the xenon bulbs

They are what I have :thumb:

Maybe it's just my eyes or the current xenons I have in the car.. The sidelights make the zenons look like 3500K..

I just need new DR2's so that's what I'll get :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom