Need some help with wheel/tyre sizes no an ebay purchase?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nictry

Car
ML63
Help!

I am very interested in buying some brabus copies on ebay here 18" MERCEDES BRABUS MONO ALLOYS/TYRES FIT:C/E/CLK/SLK on eBay (end time 14-Sep-09 20:29:13 BST)

I asked whether these would fit as they don't match the details shown on the wheel/tyre fitment link posted on these very forums here Mercedes AMG BMW new used & refurbished alloy wheels & tyres, UK wheel alloys

And I got this reply which seemed to match up the tyre size issue a little (ie 225 def not ok but from the link 245 should be fitted?

wheels fit ok to your car but with the w211 the 2254018 tyres size a listing is not the best tyre for this car you need 2354018 or 2454018 with the 2354018 can do you a avon zz3 in this tyre size but add £100 more for 4 tyres

However this still leaves the offset of 35 on the ebay link vs. 30 shown on the forum link

I really don't want to spend £700 on a set of wheels/tyres to then find I have rubbing tyres or something far worse so would really appreciate a knowledgable forum member's advice on whether these will be ok on a 2008 W211 Avantagarde?

Thanks in advance

He has now come back to confirm can fit 245s for £130 instead of 235s but still want to double check the offset issue, can anyone help before I push the buy button?????

Too late - I just bought them!!

Only kidding. This is for a W211 right?

If so it looks like Carlsson offer an 18x8.5 wheel with 35mm offset for the W211 with 245/40R18 tyre, although the majority of tuners (including AMG) offer an 18x8.5 wheel with 30mm offset.

That suggests it should fit - it doesn't mention that it requires arch modifications - but it's not a common fitment.

Can't be any more help I'm afraid.

Too late - I just bought them!!

Only kidding. This is for a W211 right?

If so it looks like Carlsson offer an 18x8.5 wheel with 35mm offset for the W211 with 245/40R18 tyre, although the majority of tuners (including AMG) offer an 18x8.5 wheel with 30mm offset.

That suggests it should fit - it doesn't mention that it requires arch modifications - but it's not a common fitment.

Can't be any more help I'm afraid.

Phew got me worried then (actually not reallyas he has 5 sets :bannana:)

I did see the Carlsson wheel for 35mm offset so that does make me think it should be OK but asit is a lot of cash to lay out up front without knowing for certain I am a little bit nervous without knowing for sure!!!

Anyone else able to comment on the offset issue (if there is one?) also factoring this is would it be better to go with the 235s rather than the 245s?

I am planning to order these mid next week so really woudl like some additional input before doing so if possible?

Thanks in advance

Some OE 8.5" rims for the 211 run 38 offset. I've run some 8.5 with ET28, so I'm sure the ET35's will fit just fine with a 245 tyre.:)

Some OE 8.5" rims for the 211 run 38 offset. I've run some 8.5 with ET28, so I'm sure the ET35's will fit just fine with a 245 tyre.:)

Thanks that has put my mind at ease, think I will just go ahead and place the order then :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom