Need something deciphering please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

I'm selling an Astravan 1.9 CDTi Sportive on eBay and received this message, can someone decipher it for me please?

"Thought this is fiat engine, ivebeen told bymain dealer to vo foe isuzu 1.7 as the 1.3 and 1.9 are dis contineud by gm worldwide for a reason and the 1.7 isuzu is still in production.now somone knowssomething here.or isot me?i wwas told by a mate that the 1.9 is a howl and great engine until after exerted driving too powerful for cheese box m32, and gravel bucket dmf,now i wonder 5 speedout of combo solid fly ,remove swirl flaps,delete dpf and egr?lower by 40 mm,chamber front wheels toe in back toe out 2mm.remap.garrett g35 turbo strait pipe..are we onto something here?"

Well, I was going to put something here, but the nannying forum autocorrect keeps reformatting it.

So we'll go with this instead:

2298bc156039a43e50ddf062768570b4baa7ad82efad8c2ea48e807879419fab.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a mixture of autocorrect and bad grammar/spelling. Always turns up interesting results. From what I can decipher he/she doesn't appear to be asking any particular questions regarding your van.

Shocking.

I've noticed recently that the standard of written English has plummeted since I was at school. On my various FB pages, particularly the clay/shotgun ones, some of the posts are so poor I sometimes think that people are doing it on purpose. Not only that, questions are often one-liners with no background or other pertinent info that someone would need to answer it.

The usual thing of you're, your, there, their, they're etc is also getting much worse. Makes me despair slightly.

You could give him the engine code.

Or add him to your blocked bidder list...

Give an equally nonsensical answer? - How about simply "Yes."

The predictive text monkey strikes again.

"Think this is fiat engine, I've been told by main dealer to go for the isuzu 1.7 as the 1.3 and 1.9 are discontinued by GM worldwide for a reason and the 1.7 isuzu is still in production. Now somone knows something here and not me? I was told by a mate that the 1.9 is a howl and great engine until after extended driving too powerful for the M32 gearbox, and destroys the dual mass flywheel Now I wondering 5 speed gearbox combo with solid flywheel ,remove swirl flaps,delete dpf and egr?lower by 40 mm,camber front wheels toe in back toe out 2mm.remap.garrett g35 turbo with straight exhaust pipe..would this work?"

:dk:

Shocking.

I've noticed recently that the standard of written English has plummeted since I was at school. On my various FB pages, particularly the clay/shotgun ones, some of the posts are so poor I sometimes think that people are doing it on purpose. Not only that, questions are often one-liners with no background or other pertinent info that someone would need to answer it.

The usual thing of you're, your, there, their, they're etc is also getting much worse. Makes me despair slightly.
I agree, the problem with today is that people heavily rely on predictive text/autocorrect and just post whatever in plain ignorance. This also creates problems in Schools when teaching English etc. Some people are just to lazy to think about what they write/type.

Goodness, I'm starting to sound like an old git, I'm only 26!

Liam

Last edited:
The predictive text monkey strikes again.

"Think this is fiat engine, I've been told by main dealer to go for the isuzu 1.7 as the 1.3 and 1.9 are discontinued by GM worldwide for a reason and the 1.7 isuzu is still in production. Now somone knows something here and not me? I was told by a mate that the 1.9 is a howl and great engine until after extended driving too powerful for the M32 gearbox, and destroys the dual mass flywheel Now I wondering 5 speed gearbox combo with solid flywheel ,remove swirl flaps,delete dpf and egr?lower by 40 mm,camber front wheels toe in back toe out 2mm.remap.garrett g35 turbo with straight exhaust pipe..would this work?"

:dk:
Are you a professional translator Graeme? If not you should be!

Liam

Autocorrect or not, do people not read what they've put before they click send? :eek:

I've noticed a trend to miss words out completely over the last year or so.

It's almost as though the writer sees the main words of a sentence and misses out all of the extra ones that make it read as it should.

Or:

Notice trend miss words out main words misses extra?

Where the superfluous question marks are coming from I have no idea.

I've noticed a trend to miss words out completely over the last year or so.

It's almost as though the writer sees the main words of a sentence and misses out all of the extra ones that make it read as it should.

Or:

Notice trend miss words out main words misses extra?

Where the superfluous question marks are coming from I have no idea.

That's the Twitter legacy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom