need star electronic problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

melter24

Car
mercedes e 320 estate ml 320 cdi
hi all I wondered if anyone could help with a electronics problem i have a ml 320 cdi on 2007 plate the problem is i have esp abs and other warnings the car wont select gears i was told it was the rear sam so i sent it off and 400 pound later still the same also changed both batteries still no good the faults i get on my scanner all say no signal from canbus has anyone got star that can come and do a proper diagnostics i will pay for it i am in ollerton nr mansfield nottinghamshire many thanks
Mel

Is this constant or intermittent

I changed the brake light switch on my e350 thinking I'd cured my issues , but as soon as it rained my faults returned , I've a star session booked for Saturday. Hoping they find something.

Unfortunate time to be in lockdown.

Possible wheel sensor? Get it on Star then you should be clearer about the cause(s)🤔

A failed ABS sensor should not affect the gear selection, should it?

The transmission control unit may have failed and taken the CAN bus with it. Try unplugging the trans' control and retry your scanner. Could be a conductor plate issue which is not uncommon on 7 gtronic.

Last edited:
A failed ABS sensor should not affect the gear selection, should it?
If the car thinks the abs system has a problem ?which is one of the many safety features, the car won't let you drive it. The brake light switch is one of the many causes of canbus loss ,and to engage gears we first need to press the brake. Which in effect if the switch is faulty causes the canbus to fail.

not the brake light switch it checks out ok i have a star session booked on the 11th of november he is comming out to me so ill just have to wait

not the brake light switch it checks out ok i have a star session booked on the 11th of november he is comming out to me so ill just have to wait

I just got back from mine. 17 stored faults all cleared and passenger side headlight wasnt coded in properly.

Any luck with the mobile diagnostic?

he could not find the problem and wants me to take the car to their workshop and leave it with them so they can look at it whenever they have time cost me a hundred quid and still no further foreward i have ordered a second hand gateway unit to try and then i am back to square one

Try unplugging the control units one at a time and checking the scanner to see when you get a CAN response. It will just be one that's causing your issues.

ok all sorted i bought a central gateway just on the offchance and it has cured the problem
very happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom