Need to borrow a rear driverside rear light to pass MOT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xixal

Car
C320 CDI Sport
Not sure if anyone can help?

Just recently returned from Germany and went to get my car MOT'd, sadly it failed because the fog light is situated on the wrong side.

The rear lights were swapped for the newer LED type last year whilst I was in Germany, my old rear lights are in transit with the removals and won't be here for another 7-10 days.

It's not a straight switch over of a wire and it can't be programmed with MB star from right to left because the bulbs in the light don't exist on the driver rear side as they are continental.

I need to borrow a rear driver side LED light for a few hours to pass it's MOT until my other lights arrive. The light is held in place by 4 small bolts and removal and fitting is done in 10 minutes

I live in York but could travel to Harrogate, Leeds, Bradford etc, would be more than happy to leave something as security or you could accompany me to the MOT place in York.

Odd request I know but it's worth a try

xixal

That is ingenious. Can't help but good luck with it.
BTW borrowing someones Tax Disc won't work.

That is ingenious. Can't help but good luck with it.
BTW borrowing someones Tax Disc won't work.

Don't need tax for an MOT ;)

pipmk said:
That is ingenious. Can't help but good luck with it. BTW borrowing someones Tax Disc won't work.

Thanks anyway, MB wanted near £600 for the lights, a lot of money for something I already have, it's worth a try

xixal said:
Not sure if anyone can help? Just recently returned from Germany and went to get my car MOT'd, sadly it failed because the fog light is situated on the wrong side. The rear lights were swapped for the newer LED type last year whilst I was in Germany, my old rear lights are in transit with the removals and won't be here for another 7-10 days. It's not a straight switch over of a wire and it can't be programmed with MB star from right to left because the bulbs in the light don't exist on the driver rear side as they are continental. I need to borrow a rear driver side LED light for a few hours to pass it's MOT until my other lights arrive. The light is held in place by 4 small bolts and removal and fitting is done in 10 minutes I live in York but could travel to Harrogate, Leeds, Bradford etc, would be more than happy to leave something as security or you could accompany me to the MOT place in York. Odd request I know but it's worth a try xixal

My car is a W204 Class 2009 model, the LED lights came from a 2011 or 2012 model

Don't need tax for an MOT ;)

Unless you are going directly to a prearranged MOT, oh yes you do.

It was,btw,only a funny aside but your faulty advice might cause problems.

Last edited:
I thought for a minute that in fact I could help but on checking closely the E cab is different,sorry because I'm not that far away..

No you don't. You need insurance, not tax.

I thought for a minute that in fact I could help but on checking closely the E cab is different,sorry because I'm not that far away..

We all held our breath for a moment, then...

It was,btw,only a funny aside but your faulty advice might cause problems.

If you are driving the car on the road you don't need tax to go to an appointment for an MOT.

The MOT has no check for tax (VED for the pedants). This is what I meant.

I own an MOT station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom