Need to borrow W124 hub bush install tool.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB-tex

Car
1996 E280 estate.
Hi all

Anyone got the tool that presses in the bush in the rear knuckle to which the lower control arm attaches? I need to borrow one quick! I have been pressing in and out lots of bushes recently with mixed results but these look like they are beyond my basic technique and huge old press. They need a more delicate touch that the correct tool will provide! If anyone has one they are willing to lend then please let me know. I am in Brighton.

Thanks

Tom

solved

Hi All

Managed it with a number of threaded bars, sockets and assorted rings. Tricky job and the bushing is not very sturdy so care needs to be taken. Ended up using the outer tube from the original bushing to use as a press for the last few millimetres. Not easy.

The bushings on the other end of the rear control arm were so seized in that I destroyed the thing trying to push it out. 2 new control arms now purchased. Ouch.

The genuine tool from Klann/Gedore does make that job much easier - it took me about 2 mins to remove and replace the bush with the hub in situ on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom