Need to get a van for this Sunday afternoon in North London - any suggestions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossyl

Car
CLK 230K W208 Coupe (1999)(Auto)
Hi All,

SWMBO has arranged a trip to Wales that I must attend on Saturday, returning Sunday... unfortuantely I need to buy half kitchen from Ikea this weekend for work that is starting on Monday.

So Sunday is the only day I can hit Ikea, and I'll only be bnack from Wales at aroun 1pm. I imagine most places won't be open.

If anyone knows any good rental places in North London (near Crouch End/Muswell Hill/Wood Green) please let me know.

I'll also want to return it on Sunday evening.

Thanks
R

Could you order the kitchen and have it delivered to the site address by IKEA?

If not, the rates from TNT/FEDEX/UPS and the like are very good.

Ikea unfortunately take 3 days to confirm a delivery day and 14 days to deliver, or more.

Buy Friday and have the Fedex guy's deliver before whichever time you need on Monday.

When our Sprinter was off the road for a few days I found hiring a van a PITA. I cycled to the depot only to find I needed to have the paper part of my driving license. :doh: Lots of pedalling followed.

I use the couriers a lot. I sent a fair amount of our product (through our supplier, who I guess get a preferential rate) from Yorkshire to Inverness recently and it cost around £20.

Buy Friday and have the Fedex guy's deliver before whichever time you need on Monday.

When our Sprinter was off the road for a few days I found hiring a van a PITA. I cycled to the depot only to find I needed to have the paper part of my driving license. :doh: Lots of pedalling followed.

I use the couriers a lot. I sent a fair amount of our product (through our supplier, who I guess get a preferential rate) from Yorkshire to Inverness recently and it cost around £20.

Not sure how I could get a courier to do this? Get the courier to turn up at Ikea and pick the stuff up from me? Given queues, and delays at Ikea - I can't see how that'd work.

i have a friend who has large american pickup he chargees £2 per mile each way, with a min of £50 if u want him to help with delivery, he is near wembley ikea pm me and i give u his no, he is also a carpenter and can fit for you too ;-)

i have a friend who has large american pickup he chargees £2 per mile each way, with a min of £50 if u want him to help with delivery, he is near wembley ikea pm me and i give u his no, he is also a carpenter and can fit for you too ;-)

Is there anything this forum cannot sort? :thumb:

OK - lets have a go at World Peace... :bannana:

OK - lets have a go at World Peace... :bannana:
This should quieten thing off a bit

nuclear-explosion.jpg

I could have done it with any of my 3 vans but jus been told my siblings are heading south for a surprise for me today :( sorry.

why not hire for a weekend and use it for your other trip, or alternatively if you dont want to use a van for that, hire a people carrier and multitask with it? Easiest imho.

You could hire from Sixt - they have a van hore depot in Palmers Gree (N13) - they may do deals for weekend hire. Worth checking out on their website or goving the depot a call directly.

Thanks mate - will keep this in mind if i cannot find any where open on Sunday.

I could have done it with any of my 3 vans but jus been told my siblings are heading south for a surprise for me today :( sorry.

why not hire for a weekend and use it for your other trip, or alternatively if you dont want to use a van for that, hire a people carrier and multitask with it? Easiest imho.

Thanks Jonny, use of one of your vans would've been great! No worries though. Hopefully some of the hire co's will have a deal on renting Saturday and returning Monday morn...but we'll see.

Would've been pretty easy if I could just get it done on Saturday morning...Women!

Had a similar problem a few weeks ago. Hiring over a weekend bumped the cost up by a large amount for what was an unnecessary time.

My solution was to hire Friday PM, do the IKEA run on Friday evening (very quiet!) and return the van Sat AM.

Europcar were very good and I thought competitive; flat weekend rate, at least in the summer, so renting for the whole weekend was the same as for a 24hr period.

They have a branch in Finchley, though I don't know whether they lease vans from there. Might be a little late to rent a van now anyway as demand shoots up over the weekends. Worth a shot though.

All the best,
Mike

Cheers guys

Managed to find a company open on Sunday! I Can Hire - is the name. Pick up and return the van on Sunday.

What a fun day I'm gonna have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom