Need to move a bonnet from Reading to Bath.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
Any suggestions for a reasonably cheap way to get it there undamaged?

Ta!

I guess a van or similar and then just drive it? Whoever is buying the bonnet should be the more concerned IMHO if they want it to arrive undamaged - if I were buying such an item I'd want to pick it up myself :)

Will

Parcels2go are pretty good cost wise but the ultimate safe arrival depends on how you pack it.

I guess a van or similar and then just drive it? Whoever is buying the bonnet should be the more concerned IMHO if they want it to arrive undamaged - if I were buying such an item I'd want to pick it up myself :)

Will

The buyer has a 190E & was hoping to avoid the cost of renting a van. I suggested borrowing or renting a roof rack.

I think it's too big for Parcels2Go.

Drive car one way without bonnet :eek: , fit bonnet, drive back. Sorted.:D

Hope it's not raining, and is it legal?

Simple answer tell him to drive down minus his bonnet,then just bolt it in place to return home;)

I cant imagine a reason for something like that to be illegal. Bloody hilarious too :)

It seems driving without a bonnet is a no-no as far as the police are concerned - "dangerous condition".

Seems odd as this is legal....

Missing half the panels a normal car has :) :)

atom.jpg

Myself, I would hire a van and drive it. Have you seen how couriers handle parcels....

But surely the car already has a bonnet albeit in bad condition -- leave it on -- drive down - fit new one -- arrange for old one to be scrapped....

Just a thought..

Bikes dont have bonnets. Lots of hot pointy bits on them too.

I'm guessing the police wouldnt like it but as to what particular law you'd be breaking, I'm not too sure.

I used to have a samurai suzuki Jeep and in summer we removed the doors and had the screen folded flat and the roof off. nobody batted an eye.

the bonnet of course plays a crutial role in case of a crash.. not sure the police would let it slide..

is it a replacement for your own bonnet? if so, drive down with old bonnet, dump it there and drive back with new bonnet on.

Alternatively, a transit van hire for the day (some do hourly rates cheap) may be your best option.

It is I on whose behalf Neil so kindly asked for your input.
I work with bobbies and they have said the offence for driving without a bonnet is called "dangerous condition" in case of an accident. As for the atom well I guess the import bits are covered which could do you harm.

I have now found a pick up I can borrow with which I will pick the bonnet up with.

Thanks for thinking outside the box on this one.

I was going to say buy a new one but I guess you have sorted that by now.

Indeed, long ago.

Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom