Need you opinion please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zerozerosete

Hello guys,

Currently I have a mercedes benz c220 automatic transmission W203 2006 with about 75000 km which never gave me problems.
However the possibility to acquire a c250 w204 manual gearbox, 2010 with about 20,000 Km (know the owner and the car from the beginning) came to me.
Should you opt to buy the MB C250 w204? Do you think that is a good deal? or better was to keep the MB C220 W203.

In Portugal this model had some problems (cars that caught fire, etc ...).

I appreciate your opinions,

PS: Sorry about my english. :)

Thank you

C250 W204 is a very nice car indeed, but many consider MB's manual gearbox as unsuitable for these cars, hence the relatively low demand for (and relatively low price of) second hand examples.

I would say that it is mainly down to whether you are happy with tbe 6-speed manual gearbox - can you test drive the car?

C250 W204 is a very nice car indeed, but many consider MB's manual gearbox as unsuitable for these cars, hence the relatively low demand for (and relatively low price of) second hand examples.

I would say that it is mainly down to whether you are happy with tbe 6-speed manual gearbox - can you test drive the car?

I have a feeling the Manual/Auto thing is somewhat English. The OP is in Portugal and it could be entirely different there.

Thanks,
I've done a test drive the car and quite liked the manual transmission (however I think I'll have some nostalgia for the automatic transmission on my W203), but the manual box w204 seemed to me to be quite smooth and competent (at least in the short experience I had with it).

My main question concerning the exchange is to be exchanging a car already proven by others who spent some time been the object of a facelift (2011).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom