Needs advice in London Area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cheers Akash. Am I only able to send my email address through the forum (I cannot PM as yet)?

Cheers Akash. Am I only able to send my email address through the forum (I cannot PM as yet)?

Put your email and I can send it to him,once I have it you can delete

Also managed to get the car started yday - was a bit of moisture in the dizzy cap, so had it cleaned out but looks like some of the seals are not in great nick - do you think its worth replacing the cap altogether. Haven't looked at the Rotor Arm yet - but after car started it was constantly misfiring when I attempted to drive. Very slowly managed to feather it to my buddy's workshop (with a few stalls along the route!), but after about 5mins drive it was driving a LOT better (although was slightly misifiring still at times).

Any ideas what the problem could be? I think the fuel pump has been changed already, new leads too, loom done, had the dizzy cap cleaned, spark plugs look fine...its really bugging me!! I've heard the fuse on the OVP relay can go on these things so will check that - but any advice on why I'm misfiring so much would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Just a thought shahan, but how old is the fuel in the tank as you mentioned earlier in the thread that it has been sitting for 3 months?

If it's old, it might be worth putting some fresh fuel in maybe with an cleaning additive then take it on a run to see if it clears?

Last edited:
Just a thought shahan, but how old is the fuel in the tank as you mentioned earlier in the thread that it has been sitting for 3 months?

If it's old, it might be worth putting some fresh fuel in maybe with an cleaning additive then take it on a run to see if it clears?

Thanks very much I will check that out. The car was in storage for a number of years before the last time the fuel pumps were changed so will check that again. But you're right I haven't changed the petrol in the tank since mid-March now!

Hi Dash - any luck with sending my details to Akash? Thanks.

Hi Dash - any luck with sending my details to Akash? Thanks.

Hi there mate,yes I`ve sent them to him already and also asked the mods to delete your email as you wasn`t online.:thumb:

Thanks.

Akash / All - what do you think - won't look so good just sticking the end pipes onto the current box I have (standard)? Or would you recommend going for a new box too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom