Neighbours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

I've been having a spot of bother with our driveway gates in the windy weather we are having this week.

Yesterday I went down to sort them out as the Mrs had left them open after leaving for work and I guessed (correctly) that they would be swinging about in the wind, I can't see them from the house as they are too far away and around a bend in the drive.

I went down to sort them out and get the post in, while faffing about with the gates one of our council garden waste bags escaped and blew into a neighbours garden. While battling the gates I spotted the woman next door scuttle out of her front door, snatch up my bag and scuttle back inside rapido! I did shout but the wind in the trees must have been too loud for her to hear.

What's that all about?

I'm not bothered about the bag really, I bought 10 a few months ago and marked them all up with our house number, I'll not run short.

It does solve the mystery of where all the other, unmarked, bags went I suppose.

People eh?

She's going to put the wrong type of waste in it and leave it outside your house. Then, when the council bureaucrats come round to check it, you'll get taken to their HQ and get a massive fine after the interrogation. :D

Reactions: 219
Cripple Creek Council don't provide you with free bags? You voted for the wrong bunch.

She's going to put the wrong type of waste in it and leave it outside your house. Then, when the council bureaucrats come round to check it, you'll get taken to their HQ and get a massive fine after the interrogation. :D

I hadn't thought of that, as it happens it's garden waste day tomorrow. I'd better set the alarm for and early start, I'm hoping that she will use my bag so I can grab it back after the lorry has been.

Maybe she is hoping to sell the bag to someone else with the same house number for 50p, I paid 75p and it's like new but clearly used.

They've been a bit odd ever since we moved here, fortunately we share no borders with them otherwise I suspect much weirdness would ensue.

A driveway long enough to allow second gear to be used.

Got you.

Privacy was the main attraction for this place, being unseen from the road and surrounded by tall trees.

Hit 30mph down the drive regularly!

Forget the bag...you've got a second gear driveway?

Hehe. Fantastic post. :thumb:

Made me proper lol. I knew what it meant straight away after I read Lewboys OP. His discription of his driveway painted a lovely picture.

Ant. :D

So let's start, who's got the biggest Drive thread.....lol

I can park 7 cars...not including any in the double garage...which could take six, carefully parked, original minis.

Got you.

Privacy was the main attraction for this place, being unseen from the road and surrounded by tall trees.

Hit 30mph down the drive regularly!

Does this mean you have potential to go even faster? 4th gear?

I'll give it a go when I get home from the pub later if you like?

Can't get done for speeding on you drive under the influence....lol

I have a really (I mean REALLY) steep driveway. But I also have a real Red Telephone box at the top. So there. Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Always wanted a red telephone box Bruce, I can remember using them year's ago, I always wondered why the were used to Pee in.....lol

Last edited:
I have a really (I mean REALLY) steep driveway. But I also have a real Red Telephone box at the top. So there. Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Shouldn't that read 'sent from my red telephone box'?

I've had ten on the driveway,all small, and it was ludicrous, you couldn't really open doors.
Nine is doable, eight is easy. Plus two big ones in the garage. Oh, and a few wee tractors etc behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom