Neo ProLink iPod adapter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had a look on http://www.neocaraudio.com/ and it seems to do what it says on the tin - MOST integration and a control via COMAND and/or Steering Wheel.
I retrofitted the MB IPod integration kit with my COMAND, despite MB’s insane idea of limiting access to it via the steering wheel controls. Trawling through gigabytes worth of album material on a weeny display at 75mph on behalf of my bored passenger (read:wife) whilst pressing those steering wheel buttons like a demented Playstation jockey is not endearing me to the joy of having it. I'm starting to like my CD changer more as it'll play (99) MP3s and is controllable from both interfaces.
Given a choice, I’d much prefer MB's IPod display/control via the COMAND – at least you’d be able to see more info (full ID3?), potentially untruncated song titles, probably a better interface and the passenger would have something to play with.
Then I noticed that the basic Neo unit retails for $700. And no mention of A-Class as it’s the US of A. And no mention of IPod Video (Edit: Website does say "Also has Video Out Capabilites"...) .
Drat, Drat, and Double Drat as D. Dastardly would say.

Last edited:
There is no difference between any of the middle and lower radios with regard to MOST optical fibre.

The video out function may need an input adapter otherwise it could be a direct video feed from the ipod into a portable / integrated LCD.

As yet there is no iPOD Video function for Mercedes which allows control from the radio. At the moment, the ipod will stop being in steering wheel mode and you must control movies from the ipod controls directly.

Hi Miro,

Do you know how this unit compares with the Dension unit (or any other unit for that matter)?

I'm just looking for a solution to control my iPod through the steering controls and/or COMMAND unit (and also for it to display the tracks in the COMMAND unit), I'm not bothered about the video side of the iPod just the music?

After looking at about 5 units I'm completly confused as to which kit to go for.

Thanks for any pointers

Deker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom