Netgear Wall Plugged Ethernet Bridge XE102

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormanB

Car
W210
Hi

I have just stumbled across this product Netgear XE102.

It is an attractive option to me as I have a WIFI blindspot in one of the kids bedrooms and this looks like a potential solution.

Any one have any experience of these - and are there any set up problems. My router is DLINK - is that a likely area for comaptibility problems.

I will of course be grateful for any advice.:)

Depends how big the blind spot is. If there is no signal at all can you move the access point/router?
Using your mains to network your PCs is good but not quick, although the system is advertised as faster than .11b you are unlikley to see better than 11Mbps transfer because the carrier needs to use a lot of this.

If you are prepared to risk moving to Super G you could look at a Super G access point or router and put a Super G NIC into the bedroom. There is certainly a better signal range and penetration with Super G but is is still not a defined standard so until there is agreement on it's implementation as an early adopter you may be left with equipment that you cannot upgrade (but it will be compatible with all the Wi-Fi kit you currently have).

The other thing to consider is how simple it would be to simply run a length of Cat-5 networking cable from the bedroom to your router or plugging your router into a phone line somewhere else in the house.

Edit - having just read this back am prepared to translate it into English if necessary. :eek:

We use a Devolo/microlink sytem through the electric circuits and a Dlink router. Plug it in and go, works perfectly, nothing to set up. We abandoned the wi-fi after endless problems and my concern over security.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom