networking (or is it?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
1991 sl300-24 project,s124 280,w115 no interior, w108 project no engine
Hi guys

I run a home wireless network with 3 pc's. One mine, 2nd my laptop, 3rd daughters pc.

What I really want to set up/do is to have my pc and laptop interlinked so that whenever i do something on my pc it automatically replicates to the laptop and vice versa. Specifically, I will need access to the most up to date data/documents in the "my docs" section, and one desktop folder which is all my business records, all these items are currently only in my own profile . The potential banana skin is that both my pc an laptop are also set up with profiles for my mrs/kids to use and I dont want/need their profiles interlinked.
The idea being that the laptop will form a "copy" of the main pc so if i need to take it out on site i have up to date records with me on site.

The honest truth is that I am not a particularly ardent backer-upper either, and the last thing I want to have to do is to saev anything new to disc/flash drive then transfer it, because its unlikely I will be vigilant.

Add into that being a tehnophobe and away you go.

Get a networked storage drive. Run Solarsys Disk Shadow. Be happy, synchronised and backed up.

Get a networked storage drive. Run Solarsys Disk Shadow. Be happy, synchronised and backed up.

It's that easy?? Wow

Does that mean that the two pc's back up to a separate hard drive and each other without me needing to do anything?

HI, there are many ways that you can do this, a networked drive (staorgare) is an easy way to do this and you can easily set up folders or run software to automate the process. You could however look at some very simple and cheap software solutions that alllow you to transfer your profile (documents and settings) to another pc or a even usb key. This might be easier if you have no experience whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom