Never buying Merc again. Pretty depressed atm..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Call that 8 services at £300 per go average, £2400.

Back street servicing, say £1000, then clock the car and gain an additional £7,000.

It all adds up.

Yeah i see what your saying and its a good point, there are savings to be had,.
but to go to an indi for all your servicing in a bid to save money when your in the position to pay for the fuel to put 62 miles a day (on average), THEN clock it in a bid to recoup trade in value sound balls.

It wasnt til mid 04 the EU ruled you could go to an indi to preserve your manufacturers warranty.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/news/press/2004/85-04

God i have to muster up all the energy to look for another car........

Best write yourself a checklist to go through BEFORE accepting the car next time.

You want proof, proof and a bit more proof.

Did the mileages show on the MOT database?

Best write yourself a checklist to go through BEFORE accepting the car next time.

Trust me mate....i will...

I hope this is a lesson to all folks buying cars. No matter what. Check the history personally thouroghly!!!

Did the mileages show on the MOT database?

Yes..........92k.

Moreover, the car was a iridium silver. Not a Briliiant Silver as stated in the service manual...

Nothing was accurate...

Not even the sales invoice mileage..

Somebody will be getting their **** kicked over this I reckon.

Probably not. It's amazing what gets swept under carpet.

This is why MB don't want TS involved.

Donza, I'm glad that your situation is now being resolved to your satisfaction. I do however feel that an apology is made on your other thread, to all members that were trying to offer you advice on your situation, as it appeared from your posts.

Trust me mate....i will...

I hope this is a lesson to all folks buying cars. No matter what. Check the history personally thouroghly!!!

I always do my hpi checks before buy a car so i have owed 6 merc on my 7 merc all good no problems at all ,i just love merc my s55amg is little beast ,:bannana:

Yes..........92k.

Moreover, the car was a iridium silver. Not a Briliiant Silver as stated in the service manual...

Nothing was accurate...

Not even the sales invoice mileage..

I wonder if the mileage is also stored in the gearbox ECU. My BMW scanner can read BMW gearbox mileages. If you change the instrument cluster mileage the gearbox figure remains unchanged. Also a log of any change dates is kept by the ECU.Traders who routinely clock cars often don't realize this as changing the stored dates is complex.

If the car has been given a haircut I would be looking for a full refund and compensation.

Is the car still pictured on the MB website, I would of thought there would be some wear indicators on the controls ?

adam

Last edited:
Well its either Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool or Bradford.:)

The letter after B is a vowel....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom