Never enough time...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MDC250

Only managed to pre-wash, wash and QD the cars today. Even that took best part of 3 hours! No idea when I'm going to be able to properly clean and decon them both before trying to do some light correction and then seal and wax. How do people manage to find the time?!

Loving trying the new products I've bought. Iron X is an eye opener literally, did not know paintwork had that much rubbish on it and snow foaming is a laugh.

Attachments

• image-3445056690.jpg
    image-3445056690.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 40
  • image-4092337588.jpg
    image-4092337588.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 44
  • image-3637973819.jpg
    image-3637973819.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 44
Lots of time

How do people manage to find time ?!.
Simple retire from work:bannana:

If only!

Many a time during the working week I verge on having a Michael Douglas Falling Down moment.

Only another 33years and counting to go til I can draw down ;-)

i do a bit at a time wash weekly and then towel dry and pick a panel or 2 to detail and do that panel for correction and work my way round the car that way takes a few weeks but better than leaving it for 3 months and doing the whole car.

Image2000uk said:
i do a bit at a time wash weekly and then towel dry and pick a panel or 2 to detail and do that panel for correction and work my way round the car that way takes a few weeks but better than leaving it for 3 months and doing the whole car.

Stupid question...any issues about overall finish if picking a panel or two to do at a time? Say you correct/polish a panel and seal/wax, when you come to clean decon adjacent panel no problems about stripping/affecting LSP?

How do you get the snow foam to sit on the car like that? and what sort of snow foam do you use??

I've tried VP Neutral Snow Foam and Autobrite Magifoam, personally I prefer the VP.

Play around with dilution and nozzle settings to get thicker/thinner foam I guess until you find a setting/ration that works for you.

Have got some Autosmart Hazsafe to try and hear good things about Bilt Hamber Auto Foam.

Far as I can tell snow foam either foams well and doesn't clean as well or vice versa. Not bothered about the foaming per se other than if it dwells on the car it's surely doing more of its thing right?

Also as far as I can make out if car is well protected with wax or sealant as you'd expect the foam won't dwell as long but hopefully will take worst of any dirt off ready for 2BM wash.

I use valet pro ph neutral snow foam and no matter how much I mess with the setting on my snow foam lance I can never get it to dwell. And my car never gets waxed lol.

My car does have alot of wax on it and i cant seem to get the foam to sit on it. As you said i may have to play around with the dilution. thanks for the advise :)

Felstmiester said:
I use valet pro ph neutral snow foam and no matter how much I mess with the setting on my snow foam lance I can never get it to dwell. And my car never gets waxed lol.

What type of lance do you have? How much are you putting in the bottle? Do you put warm water in the bottle? Do you have decent pressure on the PW?

merc85 said:
My car does have alot of wax on it and i cant seem to get the foam to sit on it. As you said i may have to play around with the dilution. thanks for the advise :)

Some people rinse then foam, others straight to foam. Don't think it will make that much difference but maybe try foaming without rinse and see if it makes any difference?

At least you know the wax is working!

What type of lance do you have? How much are you putting in the bottle? Do you put warm water in the bottle? Do you have decent pressure on the PW?

I have a nilfisk pw. With a proper snow foam lance. I've tried the recommended amount of snow foam then top up with warm water to mixing with shampoo to adding nearly half snow foam. Still can't get it to dwell like I see in vids. Only thing I can think is I brought the snow foam off eBay and allthough it's in a valet pro bottle maybe it's fake.

Felstmiester said:
I have a nilfisk pw. With a proper snow foam lance. I've tried the recommended amount of snow foam then top up with warm water to mixing with shampoo to adding nearly half snow foam. Still can't get it to dwell like I see in vids. Only thing I can think is I brought the snow foam off eBay and allthough it's in a valet pro bottle maybe it's fake.

Possibly...only other think I can think of would be to strip the lance and clean the gauze. Plenty of vids online showing how it's done. I've started to run a bottle of water through mine after foaming to take some of the soap scum away.

Thanks evdok, thats well cheap, ;)

Stupid question...any issues about overall finish if picking a panel or two to do at a time? Say you correct/polish a panel and seal/wax, when you come to clean decon adjacent panel no problems about stripping/affecting LSP?

I haven't had any problems once i have corrected the panel it will stay pretty much corrected with the right wash technique. just a case of now and then topping up the lsp.... job sorted .!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom