Never let the truth spoil a good story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
I was reading a newspaper article on another thread and it instantly reminded me of this:

FatherChristmas.JPG

The front page exposure of the awful event beggars believe until you actually read what really happened.

The headline infers that a Father Christmas character was assaulted in a Torquay store?

The truth is he fell over outside some shops in Dawlish. He was not dressed as Father Christmas, he was not assaulted, nor mugged. He does say he was pestered by some children but at no stage does he say he was assaulted.

Some of us belief everything we read whereas others tend to query events.

Regards
John the query :devil:

:D so why do you believe the government all the time then?:D
:devil: :D :D Ouch :D Yeh right

I have been involved in far too many very serious incidents to take any newspaper report seriously.

I once spoke personally to the editor of a national newspaper (not an easy task) and challenged them over an article. The answer I got was, "If we were to print the truth then no one would be interested" That is the exact quote, word for word from the editor of one of the Mirror Group newspapers.

Having said that I have been put into a top hotel in London (right opposite Downing Street) for a fortnight, all expenses paid, just to give eveidence on behalf of a certain Suday newspaper. :devil: :)

Do I believe any governmeent?

Clue.................

Doctor David Kelly

Regards
John

was it the daily sport?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom