Never satisfied!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pacamack

Car
C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus Coupe
I have a problem. I've just placed an order for a new car, which will be great and I'll absolutely love it. However, for some reason I can't stop questioning whether I should have gone for a saloon over a coupe, petrol over diesel, 350 over 250, full leather over memory seats etc. etc.....

...and I do this with every decision I make; jobs, holidays, clothes, hifi, televisions and so on.

In addition to this I also feel the need to go online and find five ways I could have got it cheaper!!

Does anyone else share this affliction, or better still know a cure?

I'm with you on that one, but unfortunately doubt there's a cure. After 3 months of ownership I'm still wondering whether I should have gone for Obsidian Black instead of Magnetite, have I gone way over the top by spending a fortune on ventilated seats so I can have a full row of buttons, should I have hung onto my old CLK so that SWMBO used it instead of kerbing the lovely wheels on the C350, ...... and on and on and on. I keep trying to tell myself that those of us who are never satisfied simply have higher standards than those who happily accept what they have. But it's a struggle to win the argument! :dk:

Like you, I used to be indecisive.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Like you, I used to be indecisive.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Dad, is that you?

If I like something and it doesn't cause hassle etc I stay happy with it.

I wish I could be like you Steve, the number of times I have changed cars, each one was 'the one' I was going to keep, if only.
I see you are getting rid of your old friend and travel companion, have you decided on a replacement yet? dare I say BMW perhaps?.

I'm sure it's a version of Tourettes! It happens to me all the time in restaurants, having spent ages looking at the menu, when I place the order, it's usually something that wasn't even a consideration. At least I can order my cake after, and eat it! Well, I can't really, as I'm diabetic, but you get my drift!

Not a cure, but try imagining how you would feel it you couldn't have made your choice (no longer available, etc). If you're not fussed, it may not have been the right decision. As for looking for a cheaper option after the event - don't!!

I always regret it when I have tried to 'do the right thing' and but the model down from the top.

So, if buying a new TV and I order the Panasonic GT rather than the VT I will start to question myself.

When buying a car if I ordered a 250 instead of a 350 I would question myself.

Etc. etc.

If you order the best one you just get excited, maybe regret spending as much, but we learn to get over that. ;)

WOODYTHEWISE said:
I wish I could be like you Steve, the number of times I have changed cars, each one was 'the one' I was going to keep, if only.
I see you are getting rid of your old friend and travel companion, have you decided on a replacement yet? dare I say BMW perhaps?.

Not sure what I'll replace it with. Depends on what I get for it and how much I feel like spending,

I'll consider another Mercedes, but also BMW and Audi. I like German execs. They do everything so well but my last one didn't do reliability.

What you need is a mission statement, a phrase that embodies your purchasing goals. Once your parameters are fixed the perspective they give allow you to put the remorse to one side.

EG
'Gizmos are good'
'All fur coat and no knickers rocks'
'I want it all'
'I want to spend less than £532 per month'
etc etc

Personally, I always buy what I want and find the mission statement that best fits.

Personally, I always buy what I want and find the mission statement that best fits.

Aha! A man who knows what he wants - an absolute rarity!

Most people are very good at knowing what they don't want, but are pretty poor when it comes to knowing what they do want.

Does anyone else share this affliction, or better still know a cure?

Buy and sell second-hand cars - it's less damaging on the wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom