New ‘C63S Final Edition’ rumours & speculation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ninjadom

Car
C63
7976D0E1-DCEA-4475-BDFB-CF05291E51E0.jpeg

From @rokenr (Remove Before Racing)

These images have been circulating around Mercedes-Benz dealerships recently.

C63S Final Edition
- Magno Graphite grey
- Edition style wheels
- AMG crest on c-pillar (behind the rear side window)
- Carbon Ceramic brakes
- Black & Yellow stripes and interior
- Limited to 499 units.

No improved performance or extra options.

Looks awesome in my opinion.

A good chance to get into a V8 C63 before the hybrid era consumes us.
Also an opportunity for Mercedes to charge a fortune for a car only slightly different to the current version as a limited edition;)

Pity it does not come with proper paint that lasts in normal use!!! Looks good and I'm sure they will sell out in moments.

Get your C63 V8 while you can! The new one will undoubtedly be rapid but losing that V8 and noise means it will lose all its character. Luckily 'E-Performance' will be keeping the V8 in the larger vehicles so there is hope.

Only for a little while....8 years max.

Only for a little while....8 years max.
8 years under current plans. I'd be surprised if that doesn't change. Politicians and poorly thought through arbitrary dates isn't a good mix.

8 years under current plans. I'd be surprised if that doesn't change. Politicians and poorly thought through arbitrary dates isn't a good mix.
So hopefully it's 8 years MIN!

I doubt it...they have bought it forward ten years since originally announced. And most manufactures are saying they will be fully EV well before 2030. There will be nothing stopping you using your current ICE cars until they die though (possibly cost aside!)..so I'm not worried....There will NEVER be an EV on my drive! It's not as if there will suddenly be millions of EVs to charge.....it will slowly build up between now and possibly 20 years past the 2030 deadline. The only difference is that after 2030 you can't buy a new ICE car.....just used.

I doubt it...they have bought it forward ten years since originally announced. And most manufactures are saying they will be fully EV well before 2030. There will be nothing stopping you using your current ICE cars until they die though (possibly cost aside!)..so I'm not worried....There will NEVER be an EV on my drive! It's not as if there will suddenly be millions of EVs to charge.....it will slowly build up between now and possibly 20 years past the 2030 deadline. The only difference is that after 2030 you can't buy a new ICE car.....just used.
Maybe. Willing to have a wager on it though 😉😂 just can't see the charging network keeping pace with demand, that's all. But I'm probably wrong.

There will NEVER be an EV on my drive!
Never say never 😁 I've always said this too, but only just missed out on a tesla at auction this week (it would have been a "pass through" only).

I just don't see them as cars..there are transport...nothing more. Soulless, dull, heavy things.....the white goods of the automotive world. There to serve a purpose (they get you from a to b) and nothing more......which will be fine for many....but not me. I might have another 25 years of driving...if I'm lucky.....not seen any reason yet when I won't be enjoying that in an ICE car.....
Don't get me wrong....I've been taken out in a few and driven one or two and they can be lightning fast....but there is a lot more to car than that.
In the s same way your can claim for being miss-sold PPI and timeshares...I wonder how long before you can claim for being miss-sold an EV that you were told would be greener....but in fact won't be (it will in fact have produced more carbon until it's done about 60,000 miles in the UK at least).....she most don't even keep a new car that long.
Ring ring "have your be miss-sold an EV?"

In the s same way your can claim for being miss-sold PPI and timeshares...I wonder how long before you can claim for being miss-sold an EV that you were told would be greener....but in fact won't be (it will in fact have produced more carbon until it's done about 60,000 miles in the UK at least).....she most don't even keep a new car that long.
😂
Very true though... some get evangelical about driving an EV not realising it won't be better for the environment until well after they've sold it on. And 2.5 tonne bricks of EVs with >500bhp and costing £100k bring portrayed as green is the biggest farce!
But this is thread drift 😬

Announced today! 45 units for the UK
Back onto topic..it’s a shame that the plans for the proper, upgraded final C63S V8 were shelved. But that’s what we have Brabus for! Final Edition + Brabus 600 or 650, sold through a main dealer with warranty. Epic.

The C Final Edition is only a coupe. Is the E only a saloon? Shame that they couldn’t go out with a bang in terms of extra tune, performance, rather than just cosmetics. How cool would it have been to have the ultimate Evo II style edition as the final. Rather than stripes and trim

The C Final Edition is only a coupe. Is the E only a saloon? Shame that they couldn’t go out with a bang in terms of extra tune, performance, rather than just cosmetics. How cool would it have been to have the ultimate Evo II style edition as the final. Rather than stripes and trim
I suspect that these Final Edition models are really more about selling existing build capacity rather than a genuinely celebrated swansong to see out these models.

An Evo II style affair would probably been loss making when taking into account the development and type approval costs for something distinctly different.

Those losses are worthwhile when there’s a broader benefit like homologated for racing, but I don’t think the business case would stack up for showroom models.

AMG must push ePerformance as that’s their future, and so celebrating their past “too” much could undermine their marketing and positioning of new models.

I love V8s and will miss them but I’ve sure the Hybrid and electric-only AMG models will be amazing, just a different type of amazing to what we’re used to.

Looks like the E63 Final comes as a wagon too, well at least according to PH

I thought the next E63 was still a V8.....just a smaller one with subsidiary electric power (a hybrid). Thought only the C class was going 4 pot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom