New ‘C63S Final Edition’ rumours & speculation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would be interested to know if there’s a software update to increase the noise. I would be in the market for that. Sound to match the performance. Mine is too quiet.

But not if it’s fake sound piped through the speakers (is that what a software update would do?)
This is also an option:

Updates to increase noise haha, they know how to perfect the art of noise - m156.

Updates to increase noise haha, they know how to perfect the art of noise - m156.
Agree, I had one for the last 10 years, but they are getting a bit old now. Fine if you want to spend significant money on maintenance. Just personal preference really.

The exhaust on my Final Edition seems to be back to pre facelift volume. I thought my memory was playing tricks but check out the comments from 20.05...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How does PPF work on a mat finish car?....must be difficult to match the level of ...erm??....mattness! Whereas shiny is just...well, shiny! :)

I believe you have special satin PPF film, it will basically look the same!

They use a clear PPF and the matte paint shows through with little to no difference from the unprotected panels. I guess if matte PPF is used it will probably have to match the same mattness of the paint.

Here the bonnet front bumper and wing are protected with clear PPF, doors and pillar unprotected. I'm sure you will agree there isn't any visual difference.
5V7ZSZol.jpg

2zYXd2Sl.jpg

The exhaust on my Final Edition seems to be back to pre facelift volume. I thought my memory was playing tricks but check out the comments from 20.05...

That’s very interesting. Need to investigate how that was done, and see if there’s a way of getting mine amended without voiding the warranty.

With mine, Brabus picks up what Mercedes doesn’t, but it means aftermarket solutions will void both warranties.

I will report back if I find any info.

That’s very interesting. Need to investigate how that was done, and see if there’s a way of getting mine amended without voiding the warranty.

With mine, Brabus picks up what Mercedes doesn’t, but it means aftermarket solutions will void both warranties.

I will report back if I find any info.
I'm going to enjoy mine for a bit and see if I fall in love with it. If so, contemplating sending it to Brabus next Spring for some upgrades. Will also see if vanilla cars still command any premiums as don't want to mod a collectible.

If it goes, will be the 600PS upgrade and eliminating the plastic and fabric inside i.e. A, B and C pillars, roof lining, lower dash and doors etc. Maybe some exterior carbon in matt too.

That’s a good plan. The alcantara work on mine is excellent on the dash, centre console, etc. It was fun deciding where the stitching should go, and not, not overdoing it.

I was keen for mine to be a “factory Brabus” so had all the work done pre-delivery, but mine isn’t a Final Edition. I had the AMG CF1 and 2 packs which cover front splitter, sills, mirrors and rear boot spoiler which I found less obtrusive than the Brabus CF.

Brabus interior work is beautifully done, and underrated - real hand built bespoke craft there - but I find some of the exterior stuff too much.

I also resisted the “Brabus” calipers, really just MB items painted and labelled Brabus which seemed a bit much.

Brabus exhaust is real but comes with Brabus rear carbon which I didn’t love and it wasn’t louder than stock in a side by side.

The engine tune is magnificent. If only they could do something about the steering and gearbox program.

I had the AMG CF1 and 2 packs which cover front splitter, sills, mirrors and rear boot spoiler which I found less obtrusive than the Brabus CF.
Hi, may I ask where you can source genuine OEM carbon packs (spoiler etc)? Do you just find the part numbers and then order at the dealer parts desk?

Hi, may I ask where you can source genuine OEM carbon packs (spoiler etc)? Do you just find the part numbers and then order at the dealer parts desk?
I found the online catalogues and asked the dealer to source. It was quite tricky, they said they had been discontinued as packs, but with some encouragement they sourced them in the end, I think they had to order each as a separate part, as you suggest.

The parts must be available, for repairs, etc. it just takes some persuasion!

Another Brabus part I like is the chunky metal shift paddles. I really wanted long carbon ones per Ferrari but there was no OEM/Brabus option for those. And any deviation from OEM/Brabus potentially negates the new car warranty.

They could not void a warranty claim for having longer shift paddles!

I have now spoken to two people at Mercedes who say that the exhaust on the final edition is identical to other cars. But I am still intrigued. Maybe it was an engineers trick that hasn’t been publicised? If so, we need to know what they have done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom