New 04 model C-Class?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Check these out which I found on another site:

5668822_image002.jpg

5668822_image004.jpg

Not a big fan of the front

Like slanted cats eyes.

Are they really changing it already??

Our secondhand prices will take a tumble then, the 202 will be two models old!!

I think it looks not too bad apart from the front lights look like an Alfa.

The front is a little odd but the rear looks great. The side lines look very s-class.

Ill be one un happy bunny if they change the shape like that after only 3 years !!!!!

this will make my car look really old hat.....

I notice the peanut-shaped headlights have gone. Why have they turned their back on a 10 year old styling route? Answer == "youth" market. The w203 looks like an old man's car, a baby-S. "Youths" don't want to be driving around in a car that looks like their Grandfather's car, they want it to look the opposite! All credit to MB for deciding to attack the 3-series and the x-type etc directly.

IMHO it looks more like a progression from the w202 than the w203, like they forgot the whole w203 generation and took a step back before taking a step forward.

BTW that's obviously photoshopped, I want to see some decent real-life pics :)

I like it, its about they made the C class a bit more sporting looking, would like to see what the clk looks like

Originally posted by fuzzer
an old persons car indeed .... :(
Well...it *looks*like an old man's car doesn't it? It's a lovely looking car, beautifully styled and very elegant but absolutely NO youth appeal! The sportcoupé looks like it's been styled for a slightly younger market though.

I think all Mercs appear as old mens cars. That's why I have one, to be different. When I'm old I'll get a Trev'd up SAXO VTI or whatever the equivalent is!

C-Coupe is trying at a younger market I think.

I don't beleive it.

I really don't. There has been nothing to hint at this change of direction. Mercedes are thrilled with the sales volumes of the currect C Class, why tamper.

Point taken about agressively going after the youth market, but Mercedes can not be all things to all people.

I'm not old and I love em !
Michael.

Originally posted by Michael
Point taken about agressively going after the youth market, but Mercedes can not be all things to all people.
Oh? You can walk into a dealership today and drive away in a brand new car having only parted with £8k. Mercedes is the new VW in Daimler-Chrysler's eyes.

My dad laughed when I said I was buying a Mercedes, saying it was an old mans car. I'd sooner drive this than a Trev'd up Saxo.

All of this could be rubbish, just a photo shop image someone's put together.

Originally posted by RichardM
My dad laughed when I said I was buying a Mercedes, saying it was an old mans car. I'd sooner drive this than a Trev'd up Saxo.
I thought it was a "Kev'd up" Saxo?

Jaguar, BMW and Lexus are also typical "old men's" cars. Why should old men get all the best cars, I want in on some of that action!
Originally posted by RichardM
All of this could be rubbish, just a photo shop image someone's put together.
That's exactly what it is, but that's how a lot of designs start life...

Personnally, I reckon its a concept car and nothing more

Originally posted by Shude
I thought it was a "Kev'd up" Saxo?

Jaguar, BMW and Lexus are also typical "old men's" cars. Why should old men get all the best cars, I want in on some of that action!

Well the 3 series and IS200 don't really have that image, although the larger models certainly do.

That's exactly what it is, but that's how a lot of designs start life...

but this could just have been someone on their home pc, nothing to do with MB.

Originally posted by Shude
Oh? You can walk into a dealership today and drive away in a brand new car having only parted with £8k. Mercedes is the new VW in Daimler-Chrysler's eyes.

I guess you are taliking about the Smart, but the branding is still seperate enough to protect the image of Mercedes ?

That said I, agree about DC wanting to exploit MB. I worry that the next generation won't even want to aspire to an MB let alone be worried they are percieved as 'cars for old men'.

I don't think many see the Passat as a future classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom