New 2010 C250 GDI (petrol) Driver/Member

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave2879

Car
C250 CGI 2010
Hi everyone,

Recently bought a 2010 Mercedes C250 Gdi Blue efficiency sport (1.8L super charged) with 39k on the clock, AMG pack, leather,heated seats,Sat nav for £10995.

Am over the moon with it so far (had it a week now)
Are there any nasty surprises with this model W204 that I need to keep a look out for?

What oil should I use?
What tyres are best at the minute it has conti's on the rear and Michelin front.

Great site, and thanks for any replies in advance

Dave.

Welcome to the forum Dave. Nice colour 204 you have there. I still prefer the shape to the new W205.
i'm not familiar with the diesel engine range, so can't comment on whether you have a problematic engine or not.

Tyres are very much a personal choice and if you want to stay with premium brand tyres then Michelin, Goodyear Dunlop and Continental all have their followers.

Your handbook should advise on the best oil to use and as long as it meets the MB spec, the brand is your choice. Mobil, Shell, Petronis and Fuchs are brand names and MB use their own label oil during services which can be had very cheaply from eBay if you DIY.

Thank you Am Greed,

It's a 4 cylinder petrol engine with a supercharger, I have had a quick look on the forum and didn't find anything alarming problems with the W204 version C class.

I have the manuals etc so will take a look today at those after work

Hi everyone,

Recently bought a 2010 Mercedes C250 Gdi Blue efficiency sport (1.8L super charged) with 39k on the clock, AMG pack, leather,heated seats,Sat nav for £10995.

Are there any nasty surprises with this model W204 that I need to keep a look out for?

What oil should I use?
What tyres are best at the minute it has conti's on the rear and Michelin front.

Dave.

A nice purchase indeed. Do you mean CGI rather than GDI?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MBClub UK

I think the GDI is Gasoline direct injection, as it's petrol

Dave2879 said:
CGI is Charged Gasoline Injection. I think this is Mercedes' name for an upgraded version of the GDI, but basically the same thing. From 2011 the petrol C-class was called CGI.

Nice engine, smooth, quiet, unobtrusive.

I once passengered in an E 250 CGI mini cab and thought the 4 pot petrol was a better match than the diesel equivalent.

Quite rare - so well done.

(nice colour/wheel combo too).

Hi everyone,

What oil should I use?

Dave.
yes ..a tad confusing as anything with a D on it would normally mean Diesel...Latter badged petrol CGI Charged Gazoline Injection...and with the bad press of Diesel in general now never mind the cost increases of same at the pump.. perhaps even cleaner petrol engines ??....
did u pop up a pic to "show us your W204 Thread" ??.. take a look at some of the beauties on there c180-c63,s.. nice !! foxy52

I don't remember a GDI variant on this model. It was either CDI, Kompressor or CGI?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MBClub UK

yes ..a tad confusing as anything with a D on it would normally mean Diesel...Latter badged petrol CGI Charged Gazoline Injection...and with the bad press of Diesel in general now never mind the cost increases of same at the pump.. perhaps even cleaner petrol engines ??....
did u pop up a pic to "show us your W204 Thread" ??.. take a look at some of the beauties on there c180-c63,s.. nice !! foxy52

Yes Foxy52 I have added it to the "show us your W204 thread" some really nice cars there

Oh and about the oil you should use, check out the handbook. It will be something like MB229.3/MB229.5 or MB229.31/MB229.51. Mobil 1 range should do it say 5W-30 or 0W-40. The handbook is good at things like this.

and it will surely be a turbo charger configeration not supercharger; very different.

It is the EVO version of the old 271 engine (which had all the timing chain and sprockets problem) but which seems to have been solved with this engine. The timing chain in this engine is a newly developed toothed bush chain.

The bearing for the leading slide rail and tensioning rail is arranged to have no contact with the timing case cover. This results in considerable reduction in noise.

The lower position of the chain tensioner and resultant reduction in force in the chain drive contribute to this.

Besides the lower mass, the impact forces of the bushes in the tooth roots are reduced by the chain links striking the shoulders on each side of the sprocket and absorbing a part of the impact pulses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom