NEW 2021 GLC Coupe Park Assist Not working!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AP90

Car
2021 GLC Coupe 300 Prem Plus
Hi Everyone,

My first post here - just took delivery on Friday for a 2021 GLC Coupe 300 Premium plus... I was told this car would come without the Hermes Unit fitted in ( Telematics Communication Module) So I couldn't use the Mercedes Me app and there won't be no Live traffic on Sat Nav, which I was happy to accept as I'm being told this will be retro fitted once the parts are available again. However to my disappointment I have noticed the Park Tronic Park Assist function has been disabled! upon further research I noticed this has happened due to a law change in the EU... I wasn't made aware of this by Mercedes and I specifically have it in on email with them where I asked them to confirm a whole load of features that would be still function and work correctly with out the missing hermes unit and Park assist was one of them... I'm really annoyed about this as I did make good use of it when I had my E 300 Coupe.

Anyone having issues with this and asking MB for compensation? any know when and if how likely this feature might be turned back on?

Thanks

Reactions: Ria
As far as I know, on-one has been compensates yet, and one of the members on here has appealed to the Motor Industry Ombudsman. I am not aware that anyone has actually taken MB to court over this yet, but I have a feeling it's only a question of time until someone does. Or, the ambulance-chaser solicitors will pick-up on this (like they did with Dieselgate).

Reactions: Ria

18 pages... happy reading.

I believe it was @TommyTroot who complained to the Ombudsman.

There was a thread about this not long ago.

Hi Everyone,

My first post here - just took delivery on Friday for a 2021 GLC Coupe 300 Premium plus... I was told this car would come without the Hermes Unit fitted in ( Telematics Communication Module) So I couldn't use the Mercedes Me app and there won't be no Live traffic on Sat Nav, which I was happy to accept as I'm being told this will be retro fitted once the parts are available again. However to my disappointment I have noticed the Park Tronic Park Assist function has been disabled! upon further research I noticed this has happened due to a law change in the EU... I wasn't made aware of this by Mercedes and I specifically have it in on email with them where I asked them to confirm a whole load of features that would be still function and work correctly with out the missing hermes unit and Park assist was one of them... I'm really annoyed about this as I did make good use of it when I had my E 300 Coupe.

Anyone having issues with this and asking MB for compensation? any know when and if how likely this feature might be turned back on?

Thanks
I bought a new GLE in September 2021 after trading in my GLE 2018 model. I love the car, instrument etc however again the park assist is not working properly. It seems to recognise people’s driveways so possibly only working for Bay Parking. The car definitely tried to bay park (in to a random driveway) and I interrupted the park and disabled it, but never has it attempted to parallel park. I read someone mentioning that maybe we need to indicate left if we want a LHS parallel space. Is the lack of indicator being on a possible issue ? Also, Mercedes told me that my car was definitely equipped with the park assist.
Apparently when you press the button for searching the park assist is definitely a feature; according to Mercedes, if the car “searches” and mine does the park assist IS A FUNCTION. My car does but then never finds me a space.
I have attached a video freeze of the car spaces being recognised that are actually a street on the RHS.

Last edited:
898AD852-2645-406A-A051-E370CFE552D5.jpegI bought a new GLE in September 2021 after trading in my GLE 2018 model. I love the car, instrument etc however again the park assist is not working properly. It seems to recognise people’s driveways so possibly only working for Bay Parking. The car definitely tried to bay park (in to a random driveway) and I interrupted the park and disabled it, but never has it attempted to parallel park. I read someone mentioning that maybe we need to indicate left if we want a LHS parallel space. Is the lack of indicator being on a possible issue ? Also, Mercedes told me that my car was definitely equipped with the park assist.
Apparently when you press the button for searching the park assist is definitely a feature; according to Mercedes, if the car “searches” and mine does the park assist IS A FUNCTION. My car does but then never finds me a space.
I have attached a video freeze of the car spaces being recognised that are actually a street on the RHS

Best to keep it to exisiting mega thread (as linked above) thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom