New 7G+ models with column shifter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimboDS

Car
C350 CDI Sport Plus, RX8 replaced by Mazda2 (wife's)
Hi all,

Browsing car reviews I'm curious about the newer MBs with a column shift. Do they have the same Eco and Sport modes as the 7G+ cars with the gear lever on the transmission tunnel? If they do, where is the button?

I'm guessing they must have but I can't spot the button in any photos. :dk:

Cheers,

James

Mine has E, S, and M modes which can be selected with a button on the centre console where the gear stick would be. Gear limiter is controller with the steering wheel paddles.

On my E-Class (W212 facelift), there is an E/S button to the left of the circular control thingy which controls the COMAND.

I have just bought a new E250 coupe with column mounted gear selector, and it can change from Eco, sport or manual via a small button next to the controller for the command system. Hope this helps.

Samsung1uk said:
I have just bought a new E250 coupe with column mounted gear selector, and it can change from Eco, sport or manual via a small button next to the controller for the command system. Hope this helps.
Same in the S350 (W221)

Thanks all :)

Any ML owners?

I sat in one while waiting for the service guy, dropping my car off for new tyres today. I couldn't see the botton on by the command wheel or the row where the hazard light switch is. I was in a rush so didn't ask.

See here on the ML W166

Attachments

• imgf4ee09c2cf9d9341351f19156277aed9_1_--_--_JPG72.jpg
    imgf4ee09c2cf9d9341351f19156277aed9_1_--_--_JPG72.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 21
Thanks Matt. I swear that button wasn't there. Maybe I need glasses.

I've got a W212 220 CDi and I dont think that has a gear selection button either, just the column lever!

sjmaxwell said:
I've got a W212 220 CDi and I dont think that has a gear selection button either, just the column lever!
Update- switch is next to the rotary Comand controller near the arm rest! Never used it!!

Depends upon the specification, mine has no switch, just manual paddle change on the wheel.

Thanks! It was really bugging me. I'm not sure I'd be happy without sports mode. Certainly in my car you can't really balance the car/adjust weight transfer on the throttle in Eco mode. I suppose if there are paddles you can just use those for spirited driving. ...or maybe I'm missing the point of an ML ;)

Thanks once again.

How does the ML gearbox without Sport/Eco mode compare to other 7G+ boxes? Is the shift pattern similar to Eco or somewhere in between?

I should be patient and just drive one come trade in time but that's ages away and I'm not :p

How does the ML gearbox without Sport/Eco mode compare to other 7G+ boxes? Is the shift pattern similar to Eco or somewhere in between?

I should be patient and just drive one come trade in time but that's ages away and I'm not :p

You would have to drive them side by side to tell I reckon.#

Whats to stop you going for a test drive at the weekend? :D

Yes I should do that. No plans to change cars anytime soon but will have to try one nearer the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom